- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
Bug confirming email address during registration
- Lemon Tree
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #82685
by Lemon Tree
Bug confirming email address during registration was created by Lemon Tree
HikaShop Essential 2.0 on Joomla 3.0:
If I set Display email confirmation field to "Yes" and Registration to "Registration" in Configuration > Checkout, then when I try to register a new user, I get the confirmation field to reenter the email address.
However, even though I enter a valid email address in both fields, I am not allowed to proceed with the registration. I get the error message:
If I set Display email confirmation field to "Yes" and Registration to "Registration" in Configuration > Checkout, then when I try to register a new user, I get the confirmation field to reenter the email address.
However, even though I enter a valid email address in both fields, I am not allowed to proceed with the registration. I get the error message:
- even though the e-mail field has been entered.Please enter a value for the field E-mail
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Lemon Tree.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #82760
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Bug confirming email address during registration
Hi,
Thanks for the report, I have corrected it on our end and will be in the next release.
To correct this issue, you have to edit the view "checkout / registration_bootstrap" and replace:
By:
You can too change the type of the input field for the passwords from "text" to "password".
Thanks for the report, I have corrected it on our end and will be in the next release.
To correct this issue, you have to edit the view "checkout / registration_bootstrap" and replace:
Code:
<input type="text" name="data[register][email_confirm]" id="register_email_confirm" value="<?php echo $this->escape($this->mainUser->get( 'email' ));?>" class="required validate-email" maxlength="100" size="30" aria-required="true" required="required" onchange="if(this.value!=document.getElementById('register_email').value){alert('<?php echo JText::_('THE_CONFIRMATION_EMAIL_DIFFERS_FROM_THE_EMAIL_YOUR_ENTERED',true); ?>'); this.value = '';}">
Code:
<input type="text" name="data[register][email]" id="register_email" value="<?php echo $this->escape($this->mainUser->get( 'email' ));?>" class="required validate-email" maxlength="100" size="30" aria-required="true" required="required" onchange="if(this.value!=document.getElementById('register_email').value){alert('<?php echo JText::_('THE_CONFIRMATION_EMAIL_DIFFERS_FROM_THE_EMAIL_YOUR_ENTERED',true); ?>'); this.value = '';}">
You can too change the type of the input field for the passwords from "text" to "password".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #82832
by capeinfo
Replied by capeinfo on topic Bug confirming email address during registration
I am still getting this error after making these changes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Lemon Tree
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #82838
by Lemon Tree
I have made the changes you recommend, but even after clearing my Joomla cache and browser cache, these modifications are not having effect.
I have only edited the registration_bootstrap file for my default template. Do I need to modify any of the other versions (e.g. for template Beez3, etc.)?
Replied by Lemon Tree on topic Bug confirming email address during registration
I think I have found where to do this - in the same registration_bootstrap file which is in the user view.Xavier wrote:
You can too change the type of the input field for the passwords from "text" to "password".
I have made the changes you recommend, but even after clearing my Joomla cache and browser cache, these modifications are not having effect.
I have only edited the registration_bootstrap file for my default template. Do I need to modify any of the other versions (e.g. for template Beez3, etc.)?
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Lemon Tree.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #82972
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Bug confirming email address during registration
Hi,
You have to edit the view "checkout | registration_bootstrap" like Xavier explained.
You would see a block starting by
You have to replace the block by this one :
Just before there is the "register email" part which have the name "data[register]
You have to edit the view "checkout | registration_bootstrap" like Xavier explained.
You would see a block starting by
Code:
<?php if($this->config->get('show_email_confirmation_field',0)){ ?>
Code:
<?php if($this->config->get('show_email_confirmation_field',0)){ ?>
<div class="control-group hikashop_registration_email_confirm_line">
<div class="control-label">
<label id="email_confirm_msg" for="register_email_confirm" class="required" title=""><?php echo JText::_( 'HIKA_EMAIL_CONFIRM' ); ?></label>
</div>
<div class="controls">
<input type="text" name="data[register][email_confirm]" id="register_email_confirm" value="<?php echo $this->escape($this->mainUser->get( 'email' ));?>" class="required validate-email" maxlength="100" size="30" aria-required="true" required="required" onchange="if(this.value!=document.getElementById('register_email').value){alert('<?php echo JText::_('THE_CONFIRMATION_EMAIL_DIFFERS_FROM_THE_EMAIL_YOUR_ENTERED',true); ?>'); this.value = '';}">
</div>
</div>
<?php
}
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #83185
by mcruip
Replied by mcruip on topic Bug confirming email address during registration
Same problems here, email confirmation js alert with correct data entered and the code above doesn't work. Also the password is seen when typing when should be displayed as dots or something ... not the actual password.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #83188
by capeinfo
Replied by capeinfo on topic Bug confirming email address during registration
I see ditto for the password - shows text instead of dots.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 9 months ago #83326
by mcruip
Replied by mcruip on topic Bug confirming email address during registration
SOLVED in registration_bootstrap
Thanks
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds