- Posts: 301
- Thank you received: 1
Customer registration State field
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #85891
by Huski
Customer registration State field was created by Huski
Hi
I only just noticed that since I upgraded Hikashop, when a customer orders a product and proceeds to checkout and the login/registration page, I am now getting French regions under the State drop down box instead of Australian states. The only zone selected in my shop is Australia and I have made no changes at all other than upgrade Hika. How do I fix this as some customers have stopped ordering thinking my shop is dodgy.
Also, in the admin section of Hika, when I look at customers, the Name and Username fields are not showing - so I wonder if they are being added to the database when a new registration occurs.
While I think of it, my Hikashop says I have Version 2 but how do I know when a newer version is out as under my account where I can download essentials - it doesn't show a version number there at all. I have noticed in the past in the shop admin under upgrade that it says I have the latest version installed but have found that this is not always the case
I only just noticed that since I upgraded Hikashop, when a customer orders a product and proceeds to checkout and the login/registration page, I am now getting French regions under the State drop down box instead of Australian states. The only zone selected in my shop is Australia and I have made no changes at all other than upgrade Hika. How do I fix this as some customers have stopped ordering thinking my shop is dodgy.
Also, in the admin section of Hika, when I look at customers, the Name and Username fields are not showing - so I wonder if they are being added to the database when a new registration occurs.
While I think of it, my Hikashop says I have Version 2 but how do I know when a newer version is out as under my account where I can download essentials - it doesn't show a version number there at all. I have noticed in the past in the shop admin under upgrade that it says I have the latest version installed but have found that this is not always the case
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Huski.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #85932
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Customer registration State field
Hi,
Go in HikaShop > Display > Custom fields, then edit the state field and change the default value.
Have you enabled the registration in the checkout configuration ?
When a newer version is out, you can see that in the Joomla Dashboard. Or follow us on Twitter !
Go in HikaShop > Display > Custom fields, then edit the state field and change the default value.
Have you enabled the registration in the checkout configuration ?
When a newer version is out, you can see that in the Joomla Dashboard. Or follow us on Twitter !
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #85945
by Huski
Replied by Huski on topic Customer registration State field
Registration is enabled - has always been. Still doesn't work. Why has it changed all of a sudden - have never had to go to custom fields before to set this.
Under Zones I have Australia as the only checked country. In that country I have sub-zones which are the states.
When I go to custom fields and choose State field, I have zone selected as field type but the default value and the drop down still shows all the French regions. I have Zone set to States.
If I change Zone to countries, it sets the default value to Australia but no states (or sub-zones) appear on the registration page.
I don't use Twitter - can it not be posted on your website or have email alerts sent if there is a new version. I can check the Joomla dashboard which shows me version number but still don't know if there is a newer version to download from your website.
Under Zones I have Australia as the only checked country. In that country I have sub-zones which are the states.
When I go to custom fields and choose State field, I have zone selected as field type but the default value and the drop down still shows all the French regions. I have Zone set to States.
If I change Zone to countries, it sets the default value to Australia but no states (or sub-zones) appear on the registration page.
I don't use Twitter - can it not be posted on your website or have email alerts sent if there is a new version. I can check the Joomla dashboard which shows me version number but still don't know if there is a newer version to download from your website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #85986
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Customer registration State field
Hi,
You have to re-save the country custom field. The default value should be "France" but this country is not visible in your website so, it is not listed in the drop down.
That's why it seams that the default value is "Autralia" but it's just the single selectable value. So by updating the default country value, the state would be synchronize to it.
Otherwise, we send newsletter for new versions. We would change the frequency of releases in order to have major updates with big new features and several minor updates with fixes and little features.
Next release would be a major update (2.1.0). Minors updates would be displayed in the automatic update system (in HikaShop or in Joomla > 2.5).
Regards,
You have to re-save the country custom field. The default value should be "France" but this country is not visible in your website so, it is not listed in the drop down.
That's why it seams that the default value is "Autralia" but it's just the single selectable value. So by updating the default country value, the state would be synchronize to it.
Otherwise, we send newsletter for new versions. We would change the frequency of releases in order to have major updates with big new features and several minor updates with fixes and little features.
Next release would be a major update (2.1.0). Minors updates would be displayed in the automatic update system (in HikaShop or in Joomla > 2.5).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86296
by Huski
Replied by Huski on topic Customer registration State field
Not sure why but the states for countries are all under Zones mixed in with countries which I had not noticed before. The Australian states were not published so I did this and it is working now. But for some reason the update made Australia and 2 other countries published when only Australia was previously published and I had to unpublish these as well.
It would be good to have everything unpublished as I notice there are many many states for countries that are published and will never need these. There is also no option to do a select all and unpublish - you have to do it individually to each country and state under Zones. Is there another way to do this?
It would be good to have everything unpublished as I notice there are many many states for countries that are published and will never need these. There is also no option to do a select all and unpublish - you have to do it individually to each country and state under Zones. Is there another way to do this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86314
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Customer registration State field
Hi,
In the backend, with zones, you can use filters (search box or the drop down) and you can publish/unpublish several zones in the same type.. Just have to use the checkboxes and the toolbar buttons.
Regards,
In the backend, with zones, you can use filters (search box or the drop down) and you can publish/unpublish several zones in the same type.. Just have to use the checkboxes and the toolbar buttons.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Huski
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds