- Posts: 103
- Thank you received: 2
facebook issue
First, i thought that it was a facebook problem, so, i followed the facebook developer instructions and i solved the part of the image. But i have been working on fix the description issue for days, and i cant find the solution.
This is weird, because i remember that the like button worked perfectly at the beggining, in all my sites, and suddenly, one day, everything was wrong. I kind a think that this has something to do with the new hikashop version, but i am not sure, because is not clear to me if this problem is from before, or after my last update.
Anyway, i really hope someone can help me. I have days working on solve this, and i just cant.
Best Regards,
Sue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
It sounds like something we already fixed so I wonder if you have the very last version of Hikashop.
Try to update or reinstall and see if it fix the problem.
If it doesn't, you said you fixed the image issue, have you edited the plugin file to do so? I'm just curious.
If you could give us link to the page so we can a look to the generated code and see what's wrong?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
viernezotravez.com/
I made some other customization to this site, so i always afraid of make an update, maybe if i only change those files that correct the issue? Thank you so much again!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The problem indeed looks like something I already fixed, if I'm right, Your main product doesn't have picture or description right?
Well you can either download the last package and reinstall (if you did your customization thanks to the Hikashop views editor you shouldn't lost anything) or download the same package and replace your current plugin (in plugins\content\hikashopsocial) by the one in the package (back/extensions/plg_content_hikashopsocial).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
The description doesnt appear
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You should try again in few days and see what happens.
Alors, I tried your url with the facebook debugger ( developers.facebook.com/tools/debug ) and it looks like your id is wrong.
I think you can solve your problem with these solution. The code in the page look way better now (if you inspect the source code you'll see the description is in the meta data
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Where did you get this id? It has to be your profile ID or page ID.
Try without the ID first or find yours and test with a valid ID
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
plugins/content/hikashopsocial/hiskashopsocial.php - Line 261
In my configuration, I haven't setup the FB Admin ID. This returns the $html before the description tag is included. I commented out the description tag line and placed it before it returns when no FB Admin ID is found, it now renders the description properly.
I also had the following problem:
And I fixed it by modifying line 316 of the same file. It was always returning a blank URL because it was always finding a record in the DB.
Result:
Elliot, is this fine or is there do I have something wrong in my config?
Eduardo Chongkan - Likan Development
likandevelopment.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
But the second fix is strange. If your product doesn't have any picture your current code will display an error message.
The original code was made in a way that if there was no image, we didn't add the image tag so facebook will just try to find an image on your website (the banner for example).
We may add an option to allow you choosing a image to display in case of no image found but your current code isn't a good solution.
EDIT: I just found the problem here is the solution:
For those who do want to edit the file, here is the fixed file to put in the folder plugins\content\hikashopsocial
Attachment not found
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks!
Eduardo Chongkan - Likan Development
likandevelopment.com
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.