- Posts: 36
- Thank you received: 6
No Commas in Category Names in CSV Import
13 years 8 months ago #86244
by mtense
No Commas in Category Names in CSV Import was created by mtense
CSV import does not support commas and other separators category names when creating categories. The code splits the category fields on all the various separators. While I can understand why this is done, this can be a problem if the names have commas. In my case I defeated the split when I namekey was present as I create one category at a time. I think this is a good approach as there is no good reason to create multiple categories at one time, especially when assigning namekeys which are for getting around issues with category names.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86246
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic No Commas in Category Names in CSV Import
Hi,
Are you sure that your CSV file is right formatted ?
Text in CSV should be between quotes, it allow to "escape" his content and store special characters into.
Regards,
Are you sure that your CSV file is right formatted ?
Text in CSV should be between quotes, it allow to "escape" his content and store special characters into.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #86248
by mtense
Replied by mtense on topic No Commas in Category Names in CSV Import
I did this a little while ago, but I am pretty sure that even when it is quoted it still splits the category names (within the quotes). I tried many variations until I finally disabled the split by testing for namekey. Anyway, I wanted to make you aware, so that you could check into it.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by mtense.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #86254
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic No Commas in Category Names in CSV Import
Hi,
Thanks, we would make some tests.
Regards,
Thanks, we would make some tests.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 8 months ago #87055
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic No Commas in Category Names in CSV Import
Hi,
Jerome didn't understand the problematic. He was thinking about an issue with the parsing of rows.
But it's actually the intended behavior as many users want to associate more than one category with their products.
In your case, I would suggest to precreate the categories with commas via the interface and then import using their id or namekey instead of their name.
Jerome didn't understand the problematic. He was thinking about an issue with the parsing of rows.
But it's actually the intended behavior as many users want to associate more than one category with their products.
In your case, I would suggest to precreate the categories with commas via the interface and then import using their id or namekey instead of their name.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds