- Posts: 214
- Thank you received: 1
Editing 'Address Information' Pop-Up
13 years 7 months ago #87840
by matps
Editing 'Address Information' Pop-Up was created by matps
Hi There,
When proceeding through payment on my site, when you click Next you get a pop-up asking for the users 'Address information' - however I've found an odd bug when it inserts the persons 'First name' into the 'Last name' field.
Where would I look to edit this? Also, while I'm on the subject, I'd like to change the pop-up box to Ariel instead of Times New Roman, would I find this option in the same place?
www.breakoutbox.co.uk
When proceeding through payment on my site, when you click Next you get a pop-up asking for the users 'Address information' - however I've found an odd bug when it inserts the persons 'First name' into the 'Last name' field.
Where would I look to edit this? Also, while I'm on the subject, I'd like to change the pop-up box to Ariel instead of Times New Roman, would I find this option in the same place?
www.breakoutbox.co.uk
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #87912
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Editing 'Address Information' Pop-Up
Hi,
Can you describe the "bug" ? What happen ?
You can edit the fields in HikaShop > Display > Custom fields, here they can be re-ordered, you can change the name ...
To change the police, you have to edit it by css. The popup css is in your template css file not in the hikashop css files.
Can you describe the "bug" ? What happen ?
You can edit the fields in HikaShop > Display > Custom fields, here they can be re-ordered, you can change the name ...
To change the police, you have to edit it by css. The popup css is in your template css file not in the hikashop css files.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #88136
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Editing 'Address Information' Pop-Up
The bug is when trying to make an order and siging into my account I get a pop-up saying "Address information" with all the required address fields, but for some reason it places my first name in the Last Name field.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #88329
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Editing 'Address Information' Pop-Up
Hi,
That's not a bug actually.
Since you didn't enter yet any address for your account, it's asking you for one. In order to make it more easy for you to fill it, it takes the name that you entered in your joomla user account, split it, and use the first part as the lastname and the second part as the firstname in order to prefill the fields.
Since you didn't specify both, it just fill the lastname field with your joomla user account name.
That's not really a problem since you can simply change the value there to what you want. Also, new users will have to enter all the information when they register during the checkout and users who already did that will already have their address filled out.
For the text styling in the popup, it uses the styling of your template :
www.breakoutbox.co.uk/templates/atomic/css/template.css
So you need to add your text CSS in there.
That's not a bug actually.
Since you didn't enter yet any address for your account, it's asking you for one. In order to make it more easy for you to fill it, it takes the name that you entered in your joomla user account, split it, and use the first part as the lastname and the second part as the firstname in order to prefill the fields.
Since you didn't specify both, it just fill the lastname field with your joomla user account name.
That's not really a problem since you can simply change the value there to what you want. Also, new users will have to enter all the information when they register during the checkout and users who already did that will already have their address filled out.
For the text styling in the popup, it uses the styling of your template :
www.breakoutbox.co.uk/templates/atomic/css/template.css
So you need to add your text CSS in there.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #88411
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Editing 'Address Information' Pop-Up
That makes alot of sense Nicolas, thank you for your reply!
I assume then if I add a new Last Name field to the page ' www.breakoutbox.co.uk/index.php/hikashop...le?view=registration ' then it will populate the checkout pop-up with the new information?
I assume then if I add a new Last Name field to the page ' www.breakoutbox.co.uk/index.php/hikashop...le?view=registration ' then it will populate the checkout pop-up with the new information?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #88423
by matps
Replied by matps on topic Editing 'Address Information' Pop-Up
and if that is the case, this will be my next question...
I'm in Display > Views and looking at registration.php. Is this where I should be looking to add that extra field, is this their a more user friendly way for doing it?
I'm in Display > Views and looking at registration.php. Is this where I should be looking to add that extra field, is this their a more user friendly way for doing it?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 7 months ago #88605
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Editing 'Address Information' Pop-Up
Hi,
Using HikaShop Essential (and Business too), you can create user custom fields. It would allow you to create new fields for your users.
Regards,
Using HikaShop Essential (and Business too), you can create user custom fields. It would allow you to create new fields for your users.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds