- Posts: 84
- Thank you received: 0
Type of Charateristic wrong selection
- davideventurini
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-color (red,black)
-size (S,M,L,XL)
Then I create a productA and associate these charateristics(by manage the new products inside the main one) in this sequence
productA_1: red-S, red-M, red-L, red-XL (total 4 products)
productA_2: black-S, red-M, red-L (total 3 products)
When I look the product page in the frontend I see S-M-L-XL for productA_1 and this is correct. But also I see S-M-L-XL for productA_2 which the size XL I did not set.
So I see all sizes for all colors.
I this my configuration mistake or something wrong in hikashop?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
A link to your product page and some screenshots of your :
- Product's variants listing configuration page
- Characteristics configuration page
would be helpful to understand from where the problem is coming from.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- davideventurini
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 84
- Thank you received: 0
user actionstyle
pass style2013
In case you need others information just ask me.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
On your screenshot of the variants listing, I can see the variant Bianco-XL for the product. So it's normal that you see the XL choice int he characteristic dropdown on the frontend.
I don't see the issue here ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- davideventurini
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 84
- Thank you received: 0
But you cannot see Melange-XL in the screenshot that you see in the choice in the characteristic.
Do you understand?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Instead, the system removes the add to cart button for these non existent variants.
Also, if you change the characteristic display method to "table" in the configuration, it will use a 2d table of radios, one per existing variant and that way you won't be able to select non existent variants.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- davideventurini
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 84
- Thank you received: 0
How logical is that when I select the melange color the melange photo appears, the same should be for size: if I select melange color, only available size for melange color should be displayed.
Another issue is: when I select melange color, then select XL size, the bianco image appears...sure I see "add to cart" button disappear but why it shows me a wrong image? Because the combination melange-XL does not exist. But this is not good for any ecommerce...not just for mine.
Please can you provide a logical solution to fix this issue?
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you change the characteristic display method to "table" in the configuration, it will use a 2d table of radios, one per existing variant and that way you won't be able to select non existent variants.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- davideventurini
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 84
- Thank you received: 0
Otherside, if I follow your suggestion, the behavior is the same as you can see in the link.
You can check the attached image for the option. If I select "table" or "radio" the result is the same: I can choose XL with melange color.
Thank you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you want to use dropdowns, I'm afraid that you'll have to find a developer to modify the code to have dynamic dropdowns which refresh the other dropdowns on the fly. It's not something which can be done in two lines of code, or I would already have given them to you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- davideventurini
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 84
- Thank you received: 0
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.