Skip to main content

Latest Update....Copy Failed message?

More
13 years 6 months ago #95178 by antigeek
Hi

I just tried to update Hikashop essentials to the latest version 2.1.11

I have tried both the .zip and tar.gz files but I just get a copy failed message?
I tried to install another component ( Jevents ) and it worked fine..?

Im working on my local MAMP server...

Any Ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #95206 by nicolas
Hi,

This means that the Joomla installer could not copy all the files of HikaShop because of access rights.
Try renaming the folders components/com_hikashop and administrator/components/com_hikashop before installing again to circumvent the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #95403 by antigeek
Tried that but still the same message....
It installs new versions of these folders and it still seems to work but the update/about page says Iam still using version 2.1.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #95436 by nicolas
Then are you sure that you're using the 2.1.1 package and not a 2.1.0 package ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #95543 by antigeek
File Name is com_hikashop_essential_2.1.1_2013-03-20.zip so Im pretty sure its the right one....
If I uninstall the component using the extension manager and reinstall it will it retain the database?

Or is it possible to manually update it?

If not I can put the site up at another location and try to update it on a live server...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #95587 by nicolas
Yes you won't loose the database if you uninstall before.
You can try an install via FTP:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-to-install.html#ftp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum