- Posts: 104
- Thank you received: 0
Characteristics and variants
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #99520
by dyvymtvar
Characteristics and variants was created by dyvymtvar
Hi,
I have a product with 3 characteristics. Colour, Size and measures.
Not all colours are availables in all sizes and measures so I manage variants to delete all the unnecesary but in front-end when I choose a colour I can choose measures and sizes that are not available for that colour.
Also some variants does not show in front-end all the custom fields.
P.D. I am using joomla 2.5 and hikashop 2.1.2
I have a product with 3 characteristics. Colour, Size and measures.
Not all colours are availables in all sizes and measures so I manage variants to delete all the unnecesary but in front-end when I choose a colour I can choose measures and sizes that are not available for that colour.
Also some variants does not show in front-end all the custom fields.
P.D. I am using joomla 2.5 and hikashop 2.1.2
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by dyvymtvar.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 5 months ago #99632
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Characteristics and variants
Hi,
You can remove in the backend the variants which does not exists.
In the fornt-end, the drop down would always list all possibilities and if the variant does not exists, the product would not be available (like "out of stock").
If you want dynamic content in the drop downs, you have to create an override for the view and it would require some PHP skills.
At this moment, the best is to hide the other drop downs, in order to display just once. When the first received a value, it would display the second drop down and load his value depending the existing variants (which are all loaded in the page), etc.
It is not a very complex development but it requires some time.
Best regards,
You can remove in the backend the variants which does not exists.
In the fornt-end, the drop down would always list all possibilities and if the variant does not exists, the product would not be available (like "out of stock").
If you want dynamic content in the drop downs, you have to create an override for the view and it would require some PHP skills.
At this moment, the best is to hide the other drop downs, in order to display just once. When the first received a value, it would display the second drop down and load his value depending the existing variants (which are all loaded in the page), etc.
It is not a very complex development but it requires some time.
Best regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds