- Posts: 80
- Thank you received: 0
Can't upgrade
13 years 4 months ago #102326
by CassHW
Can't upgrade was created by CassHW
Hi,
I've downloaded the latest file which is com_hikashop_business_2.1.3_2013-05-05.zip and when I try to upload it, I get the following error message:
There was an error uploading this file to the server.
I've got J! 2.5.9 and Hikashop 2.1.0 business
In Hikashop, it says "Your version is 2.1.0, the latest stable version is 2.1.2" but I'm downloading 2.1.3 each time I click the link to get the latest version.
thanks
I've downloaded the latest file which is com_hikashop_business_2.1.3_2013-05-05.zip and when I try to upload it, I get the following error message:
There was an error uploading this file to the server.
I've got J! 2.5.9 and Hikashop 2.1.0 business
In Hikashop, it says "Your version is 2.1.0, the latest stable version is 2.1.2" but I'm downloading 2.1.3 each time I click the link to get the latest version.
thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #102328
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Can't upgrade
Hi,
Please check your upload limitation in your web server.
I think you have a 2MB limitation so the "tar.gz" package should be used instead of the "zip" one.
Regards,
Please check your upload limitation in your web server.
I think you have a 2MB limitation so the "tar.gz" package should be used instead of the "zip" one.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #102329
by CassHW
Replied by CassHW on topic Can't upgrade
Hi Jerome, ok but when I upload the tar.gz package, nothing happens. I've never used this type of file, do I have to do something different?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #102341
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Can't upgrade
There is nothing different. It's just the compression method which is different, but the procedure is the same.
If you can't install either because of your upload restrictions, I would recommend that you contact your hosting company and ask them to increase your upload limit. 2MB is really low !
Otherwise, you can always install via FTP as explained here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-to-install.html#ftp
But it's a bit more complex than the normal install.
If you can't install either because of your upload restrictions, I would recommend that you contact your hosting company and ask them to increase your upload limit. 2MB is really low !
Otherwise, you can always install via FTP as explained here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-to-install.html#ftp
But it's a bit more complex than the normal install.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #102437
by CassHW
Replied by CassHW on topic Can't upgrade
I ended up doing the upgrade with the FTP solution. It upgraded ok without any error msg.
However, when I check the version via Hikashop >> About/Update, it still says I've got 2.1.0!!
But when I go to the Extension manager and check for updates, Hikashop comes up in the list as version 2.1.2 and that there is an update available.
thanks
However, when I check the version via Hikashop >> About/Update, it still says I've got 2.1.0!!
But when I go to the Extension manager and check for updates, Hikashop comes up in the list as version 2.1.2 and that there is an update available.
thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #102438
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Can't upgrade
It's probably that the files couldn't be updated because of access rights.
You should rename the folders administrator/components/com_hikashop and components/com_hikashop and redo the install via FTP and that should circumvent the problem.
You should rename the folders administrator/components/com_hikashop and components/com_hikashop and redo the install via FTP and that should circumvent the problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #102454
by CassHW
Replied by CassHW on topic Can't upgrade
My host just increased the file size to 64MB so I was able to redo the installation the traditional way and it's all good now!
thanks for your help!
thanks for your help!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds