- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
"State" field dropdown not showing up.
13 years 4 months ago #102529
by jbozaan
"State" field dropdown not showing up. was created by jbozaan
Hi,
We are experiencing a couple new quirks with HS. The first is that when you get to the checkout and get the registration form, the "state" drop-down selection list is not showing up. When you look at it with the inspector it has no options. Any idea why this would be happening.
The next is that customers used to be able to use the "guest" checkout option for Paypal, that is now missing when you go to Paypal. It's a business account and the option to use that feature is turned on in our Paypal account.
I've been looking around for a while to see if I can find anything out of order, I've found nothing.
Any idea what could be the issue with either or both of these? The site is here , if you want to look.
Thanks! -John
We are experiencing a couple new quirks with HS. The first is that when you get to the checkout and get the registration form, the "state" drop-down selection list is not showing up. When you look at it with the inspector it has no options. Any idea why this would be happening.
The next is that customers used to be able to use the "guest" checkout option for Paypal, that is now missing when you go to Paypal. It's a business account and the option to use that feature is turned on in our Paypal account.
I've been looking around for a while to see if I can find anything out of order, I've found nothing.
Any idea what could be the issue with either or both of these? The site is here , if you want to look.
Thanks! -John
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #102541
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic "State" field dropdown not showing up.
Hi,
There are already several topics which talk about it.
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/18515...-shown.html?start=40
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/80444...k-for-us-states.html
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...-not-displaying.html
In your case, you will see that in the checkout page you have some javascript errors.
The javascript error have the result to stop javascript execution so, the javascript which update the dropdown is not executed.
I highly recommend you to update HikaShop with a newer version.
We improved the way that states dropdowns are display in the checkout (so javascript error will have quite less impact).
Regards,
There are already several topics which talk about it.
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/18515...-shown.html?start=40
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/80444...k-for-us-states.html
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...-not-displaying.html
In your case, you will see that in the checkout page you have some javascript errors.
The javascript error have the result to stop javascript execution so, the javascript which update the dropdown is not executed.
I highly recommend you to update HikaShop with a newer version.
We improved the way that states dropdowns are display in the checkout (so javascript error will have quite less impact).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #102575
by jbozaan
Replied by jbozaan on topic "State" field dropdown not showing up.
Thanks for the response and info, Jerome. I'm usually better about searching the forum, forgot to this time. I appreciate your patience.
John
John
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #102577
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic "State" field dropdown not showing up.
Hi,
No problem
I try to "centralized" the different answer for this question so if other people search for it, they will found good "cross references".
But for you, I think that updating HikaShop with a recent versino will fix this problem.
Regards,
No problem
I try to "centralized" the different answer for this question so if other people search for it, they will found good "cross references".
But for you, I think that updating HikaShop with a recent versino will fix this problem.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jbozaan
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #102580
by jbozaan
Replied by jbozaan on topic "State" field dropdown not showing up.
Hi Jerome,
I upgraded and that did fix the issue, but now our add-to-cart button and quantity fields are missing. Do I need to change some settings?
thanks,
John
I upgraded and that did fix the issue, but now our add-to-cart button and quantity fields are missing. Do I need to change some settings?
thanks,
John
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #102584
by jbozaan
Replied by jbozaan on topic "State" field dropdown not showing up.
I got it. For some reason the update switched the "display add-to-cart" to no instead of yes.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #121521
by corpcv
Replied by corpcv on topic "State" field dropdown not showing up.
I am having the same trouble with the state field not showing up. I have gone through all the threads of discussion mentioned and tried each of the suggestions. I can only get the State field back when the default country under the Custom Field address_country is France. After I go and try to change back to the United States and click Save, it still shows up as France. I am also not using HTTPS.
I have also tried to use the Inspector and Debugger but this is still new to me so nothing jumped out to me as wrong. My site is newsite.rpcvcolorado.org.
Any help would be appreciated.
V
I have also tried to use the Inspector and Debugger but this is still new to me so nothing jumped out to me as wrong. My site is newsite.rpcvcolorado.org.
Any help would be appreciated.
V
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #121546
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic "State" field dropdown not showing up.
Hi,
Can you show me some screenshots of how did you configured your state custom field, and give us a valid link to you website for testing purpose ? then I'll be able to test if your problem is coming from a JS error or something else.
Thanks.
Can you show me some screenshots of how did you configured your state custom field, and give us a valid link to you website for testing purpose ? then I'll be able to test if your problem is coming from a JS error or something else.
Thanks.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by Mohamed Thelji.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds