- Posts: 157
- Thank you received: 8
Issues with category listings from HikaShop
13 years 4 months ago #103569
by vanboke
Issues with category listings from HikaShop was created by vanboke
I am trying to use Accordion Menu for HikaShop from Nextend. The menu works fine as far as pulling the categories from HikaShop and building the menu. However clicking on the menu items brings me to a blank page. I talked to the folks at Nextend, and they think there is a an issue in HikaShop as they are using the API functions provided to pull the category listings. At least that is what they told me.
If you look at this URL, you can see the issue first hand:
www.bear.org/website/component/hikashop/...member-discount.html
The URL shows all the categories in the main "Product with a member discount" category within HikaShop of our website. That displays fine. However if you click on any of the categories listed, you get a blank page, just like you do within the Accordion Menu.
Is this a bug in HikaShop? Or is this an issue with how I have things setup?
I am running HikaShop 2.1.2, Joomla 2.5.11, and using the core Joomla SEF.
Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
If you look at this URL, you can see the issue first hand:
www.bear.org/website/component/hikashop/...member-discount.html
The URL shows all the categories in the main "Product with a member discount" category within HikaShop of our website. That displays fine. However if you click on any of the categories listed, you get a blank page, just like you do within the Accordion Menu.
Is this a bug in HikaShop? Or is this an issue with how I have things setup?
I am running HikaShop 2.1.2, Joomla 2.5.11, and using the core Joomla SEF.
Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #103584
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Issues with category listings from HikaShop
Hi,
The HikaShop category listing just display categories, it does not display products.
If you want to display product, you have to add a product listing module like explain in our tutorial:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#products_module
By creating this module and associate it to your category listing module, it will display the products too.
Regards,
The HikaShop category listing just display categories, it does not display products.
If you want to display product, you have to add a product listing module like explain in our tutorial:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#products_module
By creating this module and associate it to your category listing module, it will display the products too.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #103699
by vanboke
Replied by vanboke on topic Issues with category listings from HikaShop
Jerome,
I'm sorry. I think you misunderstood.
I am trying to use a 3rd party accordion menu module. That module is using the API for HikaShop to get the list of categories, and it is using that populate the accordion module. The issue is that the URLs that they are getting are not correct. They open to blank pages, not pages full of products like they should.
The URL I submitted is a sample of what they are seeing in the list of categories. If you look at the page of the URL you will see a listing of categories from HikaShop. However none of those categories you can click on actually work.
So my question is this. Is there an issue with HikaShop in how it is returning the URLs, or are they using the wrong calls into HikaShop to get the list of categories?
I'm sorry. I think you misunderstood.
I am trying to use a 3rd party accordion menu module. That module is using the API for HikaShop to get the list of categories, and it is using that populate the accordion module. The issue is that the URLs that they are getting are not correct. They open to blank pages, not pages full of products like they should.
The URL I submitted is a sample of what they are seeing in the list of categories. If you look at the page of the URL you will see a listing of categories from HikaShop. However none of those categories you can click on actually work.
So my question is this. Is there an issue with HikaShop in how it is returning the URLs, or are they using the wrong calls into HikaShop to get the list of categories?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #103712
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Issues with category listings from HikaShop
Hi,
We have no issue on this kind of problem.
After that, the page you gave me is a category listing and I was talking about this page and his configuration.
The pages are not blank, they print the sub-categories and I think, there are no sub-categories.
Like I said, it is a category listing, not a product listing.
So you can think that I misunderstood but I will continue to tell you that, you need a product listing (as a menu or a module... As you wish).
Not : www.bear.org/website/component/hikashop/...nd-family-items.html
But : www.bear.org/website/component/hikashop/...nd-family-items.html
Regards,
We have no issue on this kind of problem.
After that, the page you gave me is a category listing and I was talking about this page and his configuration.
The pages are not blank, they print the sub-categories and I think, there are no sub-categories.
Like I said, it is a category listing, not a product listing.
So you can think that I misunderstood but I will continue to tell you that, you need a product listing (as a menu or a module... As you wish).
Not : www.bear.org/website/component/hikashop/...nd-family-items.html
But : www.bear.org/website/component/hikashop/...nd-family-items.html
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #103729
by vanboke
Replied by vanboke on topic Issues with category listings from HikaShop
Ah. I see what you are talking about. Sorry for the misunderstanding on my part.
I have forwarded the information to Nextend, and they have already fixed the module.
I have forwarded the information to Nextend, and they have already fixed the module.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 4 months ago #103743
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Issues with category listings from HikaShop
Hi,
No problem !
I am happy that the problem is solved and the module has been improved
Best regards,
No problem !
I am happy that the problem is solved and the module has been improved
Best regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds