Skip to main content

Product Images missing

More
13 years 4 months ago #106541 by mediaslave
Not sure if this is a bug or not.

Just downloaded Hikashop to try out with a client, and while all the thumbs show up the images on the product page are missing.

Any ideas?

eastsidecycle.com/index.php/hikashop-men...uct/2-sample-product

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #106543 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product Images missing
As far as I can see that is not a fresh install as it looks like one of the view files of HikaShop had previously been modified.

Please rename the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop and that should solve the problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mediaslave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #106547 by mediaslave
Replied by mediaslave on topic Product Images missing
Thanks for the help. Not sure what you mean though, since I didn't modify anything. I've only been putting in new CSS stuff. I haven't touched any core files at all.

Also not sure what you mean by renaming a folder. You want me to rename my template folder?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #106552 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product Images missing
No, you need to rename the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #106560 by mediaslave
Replied by mediaslave on topic Product Images missing
Sorry but I still don't get it. I have no idea what that folder is that you're talking about.

I went and created a folder in my default template directory (templates/ibsaud) called html, then made one in that called com_hikashop. Is that was I was supposed to do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #106577 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Product Images missing
Hi,

Via FTP, your template folder need to be renamed because we think that it already had the folder "html/com_hikashop" inside.
In this folder there is the view customizations, that's why Nicolas asked to rename your template folder in order to be sure to remove the modifications made, to use the default HikaShop files.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #107814 by mediaslave
Replied by mediaslave on topic Product Images missing
How is that possibly an answer? If I remname my template folder so many other things will break. I am not doing that.

You're right, the the HTML/com_hikashop folder installed itself in the wrong template directory. If I uninstall the component and erase the tables in the DB, then reinstall it, will that fix it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #107981 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Product Images missing
We never said that you should rename your folder template but only the folder "com_hikashop" in the folder "html" in the folder of your template.

That's because of that that the images are not displaying properly.

Uninstalling and reinstalling HikaShop won't help as the problem is not in HikaShop but in a template override of HikaShop as far as I can see.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum