- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 6
404 error when clicking "add to cart"
- artisanwebandprint
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
13 years 3 months ago #107166
by artisanwebandprint
404 error when clicking "add to cart" was created by artisanwebandprint
Hello,
I just updated collinsvermontmaple.com essential hikashop and now the "Add to Cart" button is throwing a 404 error in the popup box: screencast.com/t/rVdOxAnxMTD
I turned off SEF and it worked fine. I went into the menu and checked Store and all of it's dropdowns and clicked "Rebuild" but it's still happening. I couldn't find a rebuild inside of the Hikashop component.
Please advise.
Thanks,
Dawn
I just updated collinsvermontmaple.com essential hikashop and now the "Add to Cart" button is throwing a 404 error in the popup box: screencast.com/t/rVdOxAnxMTD
I turned off SEF and it worked fine. I went into the menu and checked Store and all of it's dropdowns and clicked "Rebuild" but it's still happening. I couldn't find a rebuild inside of the Hikashop component.
Please advise.
Thanks,
Dawn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #107200
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic 404 error when clicking "add to cart"
Hi,
Can you test it with the default joomla template (and SEF activated) ?
Regards,
Can you test it with the default joomla template (and SEF activated) ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- artisanwebandprint
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 6
13 years 3 months ago #107483
by artisanwebandprint
Replied by artisanwebandprint on topic 404 error when clicking "add to cart"
Hello,
I set the template to a default Joomla template and still got the problem: screencast.com/t/CU1H8yrU
Please advise.
Thanks,
Dawn
I set the template to a default Joomla template and still got the problem: screencast.com/t/CU1H8yrU
Please advise.
Thanks,
Dawn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #107509
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic 404 error when clicking "add to cart"
Hi,
You have a SEF problem which is really wired.
Can you please create a menu for your checkout and use the option "force menu on checkout" to this menu ?
At this moment, all links for the checkout will use the same menu (the same entry point) and I guess (and I hope too) that creating a menu will help Joomla and the SEF system to find correctly the views.
Do you use the default joomla SEF system or are you using a special extension ?
Regards,
You have a SEF problem which is really wired.
Can you please create a menu for your checkout and use the option "force menu on checkout" to this menu ?
At this moment, all links for the checkout will use the same menu (the same entry point) and I guess (and I hope too) that creating a menu will help Joomla and the SEF system to find correctly the views.
Do you use the default joomla SEF system or are you using a special extension ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- artisanwebandprint
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 6
13 years 3 months ago #107653
by artisanwebandprint
Replied by artisanwebandprint on topic 404 error when clicking "add to cart"
Hello,
I have a checkout menu item under store as a dropdown. I have updated the configuration in Hikashop as you have recommended here: screencast.com/t/sv4y9b0O
You can see we still have the 404 page upon "adding an item" to the cart - it's in the popup.
This just started happening when I upgraded Hikashop to the newest release. I'm on Joomla 2.5.11. I use the native Joomla SEF settings. When I turn SEF off it works fine. Should I uninstall and reinstall Hika? I don't want to lose all of my settings if possible so please instruct me on how I can preserve my settings.
Thanks,
Dawn
I have a checkout menu item under store as a dropdown. I have updated the configuration in Hikashop as you have recommended here: screencast.com/t/sv4y9b0O
You can see we still have the 404 page upon "adding an item" to the cart - it's in the popup.
This just started happening when I upgraded Hikashop to the newest release. I'm on Joomla 2.5.11. I use the native Joomla SEF settings. When I turn SEF off it works fine. Should I uninstall and reinstall Hika? I don't want to lose all of my settings if possible so please instruct me on how I can preserve my settings.
Thanks,
Dawn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #107758
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic 404 error when clicking "add to cart"
Hi,
The strange thing is that we didn't change anything in the latest HikaShop version about SEF or this popup.
Is it possible to have a backend access to your website (with admin access) ? So we would be able to check your configuration, make little tests and create a patch if required.
You can us such information by private message.
Regards,
The strange thing is that we didn't change anything in the latest HikaShop version about SEF or this popup.
Is it possible to have a backend access to your website (with admin access) ? So we would be able to check your configuration, make little tests and create a patch if required.
You can us such information by private message.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #108105
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic 404 error when clicking "add to cart"
The problem is that you have a menu item with the alias "checkout" as child of your store menu item.
Because of that, the SEF system considers the whole store/checkout part of the URL as menu item alias instead of just "store" and thus the view file checkout/notice cannot be loaded as the "checkout" part of it is missing.
If you unpublish the checkout menu item, or if you move it somewhere else, or if you change the alias of the checkout menu item, it will work.
I've unpublished it for now and it's working.
Because of that, the SEF system considers the whole store/checkout part of the URL as menu item alias instead of just "store" and thus the view file checkout/notice cannot be loaded as the "checkout" part of it is missing.
If you unpublish the checkout menu item, or if you move it somewhere else, or if you change the alias of the checkout menu item, it will work.
I've unpublished it for now and it's working.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- artisanwebandprint
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 158
- Thank you received: 6
13 years 3 months ago #108156
by artisanwebandprint
Replied by artisanwebandprint on topic 404 error when clicking "add to cart"
Hi Jerome,
Thanks for following this through for me! I really appreciate your perseverance.
Best,
Dawn
Thanks for following this through for me! I really appreciate your perseverance.
Best,
Dawn
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds