- Posts: 15
- Thank you received: 0
Flashes to generic thank you page
13 years 3 months ago #110862
by brynseion
Flashes to generic thank you page was created by brynseion
Greetings!
I have installed Hikashop Essential with added Styles on Joomla 2.5. I have put my thank-you page in the Return URL but it flashes to the generic page for a few seconds before going to my designated one.
Is this a bug perhaps? If not, can I somehow get round this so that it goes straight to my designated page without showing the generic one first?
Many thanks in advance
Chris
I have installed Hikashop Essential with added Styles on Joomla 2.5. I have put my thank-you page in the Return URL but it flashes to the generic page for a few seconds before going to my designated one.
Is this a bug perhaps? If not, can I somehow get round this so that it goes straight to my designated page without showing the generic one first?
Many thanks in advance
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #110880
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Flashes to generic thank you page
What do you mean by "it flashes" ? Could you do some screenshots with the links of each page?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #110885
by brynseion
Replied by brynseion on topic Flashes to generic thank you page
Sorry, I should have been clearer. Once payment is taken, the next page is this one
keepsakebooks.co.uk/index.php/choose-you...checkout/step/step-3
which is the generic page. When you put this link in your browser it will look like a nicely formatted page but it does not show like that - it is unformatted as in the screenshot below.
Where I want them to go is here : keepsakebooks.co.uk/index.php/post-payment - screenshot below. I have this URL in the Return Url box.
So on completion of payment, first the generic page is shown in unformatted form as per the screenshot for a few seconds before then continuing to the post-payment url which I want. Can I avoid this blip to the generic page? Thanks - appreciate your help.
Where I want them to go is here : keepsakebooks.co.uk/index.php/post-payment - screenshot below. I have this URL in the Return Url box.
So on completion of payment, first the generic page is shown in unformatted form as per the screenshot for a few seconds before then continuing to the post-payment url which I want. Can I avoid this blip to the generic page? Thanks - appreciate your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #110994
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Flashes to generic thank you page
Hi,
You will probably have to edit the file xxx_thanks.php of the payment plugin you are using.
In this file just make a redirection to the desired url.
You have to make this changes via ftp.
You will probably have to edit the file xxx_thanks.php of the payment plugin you are using.
In this file just make a redirection to the desired url.
You have to make this changes via ftp.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #111040
by brynseion
Replied by brynseion on topic Flashes to generic thank you page
Thanks Xavier. Sadly I do not speak 'php'....I have located the relevant bit of the xxx_thanks.php which is shown below. Please can you tell me where to add my specific url (
keepsakebooks.co.uk/index.php/post-payment
). Many thanks indeed....
<?php echo JText::_('THANK_YOU_FOR_PURCHASE');
if(!empty($return_url)){
echo '<br/><a href="'.$return_url.'">'.JText::_('GO_BACK_TO_SHOP').'</a>';
}?>
<?php echo JText::_('THANK_YOU_FOR_PURCHASE');
if(!empty($return_url)){
echo '<br/><a href="'.$return_url.'">'.JText::_('GO_BACK_TO_SHOP').'</a>';
}?>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #111061
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Flashes to generic thank you page
You can use the code:
Before anything else in the php file.
Code:
<?php
header('Location: http://keepsakebooks.co.uk/index.php/post-payment');
?>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 months ago #111110
by brynseion
Replied by brynseion on topic Flashes to generic thank you page
THAT'S IT!! THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU.
Chris
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds