- Posts: 241
- Thank you received: 5
product available until....
- cberry1971
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Actually I now notice that each time I open the event and "save and close" it sets the time 1 hour earlier... so 10:00 becomes 9:00 becomes 8:00 etc without touching the field. Just clicking on the event and then "save and close"
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I cannot reproduce the problem on our end.
How did you configure the timezone in the joomla configuration and in your server settings ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- cberry1971
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 241
- Thank you received: 5
Interestingly the bug does not persist if i remove the "product available from" date/time (eg... leave it blank as in screenshot)
Should I look elsewhere on the server settings question you asked?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I can't reproduce the problem with LA as a local zone in the joomla configuration so it's something else.
For the server settings you would have to seek advice with your hosting company if you don't know where to look.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- cberry1971
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 241
- Thank you received: 5
Hello Christopher,
I was able to recreate the issue but I am afraid that I cannot tell you why the submitted data is processed and converted to one hour less than the submitted.
What I can say for sure is that the PHP scripts of your account are configured to use UTC/GMT -8 hours timezone, which is the timezone in LA.
You can confirm this with this simple script, which I created for you:
184.154.228.9/~throwdow/live/time.php
The code used in this script only converts the unix timestamp to human readable format:
Code:
<?
echo "Time now is: ".date('l jS \of F Y h:i:s A',time());
I have created this script to reflect on the moderator's last response in the thread, to which you referred:
Code:
For the server settings you would have to seek advice with your hosting company if you don't know where to look.
To be perfectly specific, the timezone is properly set for your PHP scripts, and I don't see any PHP setting on the server that can convert this way the data you submit. For me personally, this is an issue with the component, and a confirmation for this is that if you leave the field Product available from blank, the submitted data is saved properly. If it was an issue caused by server-side setting both fields would have been affected, regardless if one of them is blank, as they both relate to timestamp value.
My advise is to check back with the component's developers. Since they are unable to recreate the issue, you might need to allow them access so they can troubleshoot the situation. Still, this should be discussed with them as I cannot know what access credentials would they need, I can only assume.
Best Regards,
David S.
Supervisor
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
HikaShop uses Joomla for the processing of the timezone.
If you are right using the latest version of HikaShop (2.2.1 or 2.2.2) it should work perfectly if Joomla, your web server and your PHP are right configured in the same way.
We found some troubles some years ago but it is fix since a long time.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
My Global Joomla timezone setting is set as "Chicago".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Did you fix your server timezone issue ?
Generally, when your server and Joomla do not have the same timezone configured, such kind of problem can occur.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.