- Posts: 23
- Thank you received: 0
Charasteristics Bug
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #135657
by Mikemike
Charasteristics Bug was created by Mikemike
-- url of the page with the problem --
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Mozilla Firefox 20.0.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hey Guys,
I think I stumbled over a bug, which I'm not able to work around:
I have for a Produkt (In this case a burger) with 17 charasteristics which I want to add.
When I click on add it displays all of them just as I wanted.
But when I hit the save button, the browser stops working and it seems to get stuck somewhere.
Only refreshing the site helps to work again.
When I again edit the Produkt, the charasteristic appear, but it seems that there went something wrong during the saving because when you go to the frontend to have a look on this Produkt the site again gets stuck - Only blank page.
Any Ideas?
Debug mode only shows a problem with: **Parsing errors in language files**
Thanks
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.0
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.22
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Mozilla Firefox 20.0.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hey Guys,
I think I stumbled over a bug, which I'm not able to work around:
I have for a Produkt (In this case a burger) with 17 charasteristics which I want to add.
When I click on add it displays all of them just as I wanted.
But when I hit the save button, the browser stops working and it seems to get stuck somewhere.
Only refreshing the site helps to work again.
When I again edit the Produkt, the charasteristic appear, but it seems that there went something wrong during the saving because when you go to the frontend to have a look on this Produkt the site again gets stuck - Only blank page.
Any Ideas?
Debug mode only shows a problem with: **Parsing errors in language files**
Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Mikemike.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135666
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Charasteristics Bug
Hi,
Having 17 characteristics means.. Factorial 17 products in order to populate every possible combinaisons.
17! = 355 687 428 096 000
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factorial
I think that your server won't handle it. And it is highly possible that you have some "max execution time reach" or "memory limit reach" errors.
Regards,
Having 17 characteristics means.. Factorial 17 products in order to populate every possible combinaisons.
17! = 355 687 428 096 000
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factorial
I think that your server won't handle it. And it is highly possible that you have some "max execution time reach" or "memory limit reach" errors.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135669
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Charasteristics Bug
What you need to use are not characteristics but options or custom item fields because as Jerome pointed out, your server cannot handle all the combinations of all the characteristics (thus the crash that you see). Options and custom item fields do not need to create combinations of all the values and thus you won't have that issue with them.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #135692
by Mikemike
Replied by Mikemike on topic Charasteristics Bug
Ah okay. I wasn't aware about that.
Thanks for your time and your quick reply.
Thanks for your time and your quick reply.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds