- Posts: 27
- Thank you received: 0
small problem with new FIELD_AJAX_FILE
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #136750
by bart31
small problem with new FIELD_AJAX_FILE was created by bart31
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : x.x
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi, I think that there is a little problem with the new type of ajax upload file in custom fields.
If you have several required fields in a form, some ajax files and some text areas or boxes, you get either :
- standard javascript alerts
or
- top of the page messages,
depending on which type of field calls the alert. (in my case, it's "order" custom fields in checkout's first step)
Let's say you write a text in a custom text field, then you forget to add the file before clicking on "submit", page reloads, displays the alert, and you lose what you just wrote in the form text field.
So as it is it can be annoying, I prefer to go back to standard file upload field for now.
I'm not sure it's not my config though, but i thought i would let you know just in case. I have a hard time trying customizing some fields with javascript, so maybe I did something wrong somewhere
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.3
-- Joomla version -- : x.x
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hi, I think that there is a little problem with the new type of ajax upload file in custom fields.
If you have several required fields in a form, some ajax files and some text areas or boxes, you get either :
- standard javascript alerts
or
- top of the page messages,
depending on which type of field calls the alert. (in my case, it's "order" custom fields in checkout's first step)
Let's say you write a text in a custom text field, then you forget to add the file before clicking on "submit", page reloads, displays the alert, and you lose what you just wrote in the form text field.
So as it is it can be annoying, I prefer to go back to standard file upload field for now.
I'm not sure it's not my config though, but i thought i would let you know just in case. I have a hard time trying customizing some fields with javascript, so maybe I did something wrong somewhere
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by bart31.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 9 months ago #136784
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic small problem with new FIELD_AJAX_FILE
Hi,
Thank you for the report.
It would have been great if you could have given the errors that you got.
Thank you for the report.
It would have been great if you could have given the errors that you got.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds