- Posts: 57
- Thank you received: 5
mod_hikashop_cart not working
12 years 7 months ago #144177
by Hristov
mod_hikashop_cart not working was created by Hristov
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
mywebsite.com/mypage
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hello,
I am near the completion of a website I am developing for a client, and I just updated hikashop to 2.3.0 to test if I had forgotten to create overrides for the numerous core alternations I did to hikashop.
So far so good, looks like I have overrides for everything with the exception that the mod_hikashop_cart override now is not loading.
Path is mytemplate/html/mod_hikashop_cart/mod_hikashop_cart.php
All works as intended on version 2.2.2
Kind regards,
Drago.
I
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message
Hello,
I am near the completion of a website I am developing for a client, and I just updated hikashop to 2.3.0 to test if I had forgotten to create overrides for the numerous core alternations I did to hikashop.
So far so good, looks like I have overrides for everything with the exception that the mod_hikashop_cart override now is not loading.
Path is mytemplate/html/mod_hikashop_cart/mod_hikashop_cart.php
All works as intended on version 2.2.2
Kind regards,
Drago.
I
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #144196
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic mod_hikashop_cart not working
Hi,
We didn't change anything in that module's main file with the latest release. So it must come from your code modifications.
We didn't change anything in that module's main file with the latest release. So it must come from your code modifications.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #144254
by Hristov
Replied by Hristov on topic mod_hikashop_cart not working
Hi nicolas,
I just discovered that I did not remove my modification from the core module file, so my override never actually worked in version 2.2.2.
This pops the question now how do I override this module file?
In mod_hikashop_cart.php core:
The test string gets rendered in, but not in the override. Any ideas why that might be?
Path as I mentioned is mytemplate/html/mod_hikashop_cart/mod_hikashop_cart.php
I just discovered that I did not remove my modification from the core module file, so my override never actually worked in version 2.2.2.
This pops the question now how do I override this module file?
In mod_hikashop_cart.php core:
Code:
<p>test</p>
<div class="hikashop_cart_module" id="hikashop_cart_module">
<?php echo $html; ?>
</div>
The test string gets rendered in, but not in the override. Any ideas why that might be?
Path as I mentioned is mytemplate/html/mod_hikashop_cart/mod_hikashop_cart.php
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #144282
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic mod_hikashop_cart not working
There is no system in Joomla to override the main file of the modules. So it's normal that what you're doing doesn't work.
You can only override the files in the tmpl folder of the modules and the cart module of HikaShop doesn't have such tmpl files since it loads a standard view file called "cart" of the view "product" that you can edit via the menu Display>Views.
You can only override the files in the tmpl folder of the modules and the cart module of HikaShop doesn't have such tmpl files since it loads a standard view file called "cart" of the view "product" that you can edit via the menu Display>Views.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #144297
by Hristov
Replied by Hristov on topic mod_hikashop_cart not working
Ok, got it.
I have my override in the correct place now.
Thanks.
I have my override in the correct place now.
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds