- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Hikashop-limited number of words !
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #147590
by flashxml
Hikashop-limited number of words ! was created by flashxml
-it seems you can not enter more words :
a) I attached a Word file,containing 1000 rows on X two columns .On product menu where you added the description of the sale, when I try copy paste from word ( copy/paste 1000 rows X on two columns) after saving a product I saw that is not saved more than 104* number of cell. ( Words: 631 )
So I tried to test with joomla articles and k2 articles,here and saved all 1000 rows on X two columns...( Words: 6000 ) without any problem ),I think it is a bug with hikashop.
a) I attached a Word file,containing 1000 rows on X two columns .On product menu where you added the description of the sale, when I try copy paste from word ( copy/paste 1000 rows X on two columns) after saving a product I saw that is not saved more than 104* number of cell. ( Words: 631 )
So I tried to test with joomla articles and k2 articles,here and saved all 1000 rows on X two columns...( Words: 6000 ) without any problem ),I think it is a bug with hikashop.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by flashxml.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #147593
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Hikashop-limited number of words !
Hi,
It's not a bug. The HikaShop product description column in the database is of the type "text" while the article text in joomla and K2 is "mediumtext".
text allows for 65 000 characters while medium text allows for 16 000 000 characters.
If you need to enter more than 65 000 characters in the product description, then simply edit the hikashop_product table's product_description column via your phpmyadmin and change its type to mediumtext.
It's not a bug. The HikaShop product description column in the database is of the type "text" while the article text in joomla and K2 is "mediumtext".
text allows for 65 000 characters while medium text allows for 16 000 000 characters.
If you need to enter more than 65 000 characters in the product description, then simply edit the hikashop_product table's product_description column via your phpmyadmin and change its type to mediumtext.
The following user(s) said Thank You: flashxml
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 6 months ago #147709
by flashxml
Replied by flashxml on topic Hikashop-limited number of words !
I confirm that the issue is resolved with the help of Nicolas of course.
Thank you for your help.
Thank you for your help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds