- Posts: 30
- Thank you received: 0
Final page errors take you back to the first page
- nathankeenmelb
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 4 days ago #170871
by nathankeenmelb
Final page errors take you back to the first page was created by nathankeenmelb
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
On a multipage checkout, if you're on the final payment page and you have not filled in all required details and click 'finish', it will take you back to the first page.
The error message will show as it should - something like 'fill in all required fields', but you then have to click next a couple of times to go back to the final page before you can rectify your error.
I'm not sure if it's related, but if you refresh your screen at any place in the checkout process it will take you back to the first page, not the page you're on.
On a multipage checkout, if you're on the final payment page and you have not filled in all required details and click 'finish', it will take you back to the first page.
The error message will show as it should - something like 'fill in all required fields', but you then have to click next a couple of times to go back to the final page before you can rectify your error.
I'm not sure if it's related, but if you refresh your screen at any place in the checkout process it will take you back to the first page, not the page you're on.
Last edit: 12 years 4 days ago by nathankeenmelb. Reason: wrong version number
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 weeks ago #170879
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Final page errors take you back to the first page
Hi,
Thanks to give us a correct version number of HikaShop.
And a screenshot of your checkout workflow configuration in order to reproduce the issue on our end.
Thanks to give us a correct version number of HikaShop.
And a screenshot of your checkout workflow configuration in order to reproduce the issue on our end.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nathankeenmelb
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 30
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 weeks ago #171113
by nathankeenmelb
Replied by nathankeenmelb on topic Final page errors take you back to the first page
Here's my workflow configuration
https://www.dropbox.com/s/31p7gd5fey4vihn/checkout-workflow.PNG?dl=0
I have changed 'cart status' in my language file hence it reads 'payment' as well - as you can see in the image.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/31p7gd5fey4vihn/checkout-workflow.PNG?dl=0
I have changed 'cart status' in my language file hence it reads 'payment' as well - as you can see in the image.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 1 week ago #171153
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Final page errors take you back to the first page
Hello,
Can you give us a link to your website so that we can directly test it and see from where your issue is coming ?
Can you give us a link to your website so that we can directly test it and see from where your issue is coming ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nathankeenmelb
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 30
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 week ago #172451
by nathankeenmelb
Replied by nathankeenmelb on topic Final page errors take you back to the first page
Okay I've given details to you and Xavier via private messages.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nathankeenmelb
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 30
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 week ago #172454
by nathankeenmelb
Replied by nathankeenmelb on topic Final page errors take you back to the first page
This does seem to be an SEF issue. I've turned off Artio JoomSEF and this is now working. I am using the Hikashop JoomSEF plugin so not sure if I should follow it up with them?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
12 years 6 days ago #172529
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Final page errors take you back to the first page
Hello,
We'll need more information about your issue like :
- If you have set a value through the "Force a menu on the checkout" option of the "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout" page.
- How did you configured your JoomSEF extension
- What are the URLs that you have through the checkout workflow.
We'll need more information about your issue like :
- If you have set a value through the "Force a menu on the checkout" option of the "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout" page.
- How did you configured your JoomSEF extension
- What are the URLs that you have through the checkout workflow.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nathankeenmelb
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 30
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 days ago - 12 years 4 days ago #172599
by nathankeenmelb
Replied by nathankeenmelb on topic Final page errors take you back to the first page
Looking at the Artio website, I can see their Hikashop extension only supports up to version 2.3.0, but I have 2.3.2. Maybe therein lies the problem?
You've got back-end privileges, but if it helps, I can summarise these points here:
Force a menu - yes, I've got a menu that has the hikashop checkout menu item on it, and I'm using that one here, though the menu itself is not displayed in a module.
URLs of checkout:
The first page comes up as index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&Itemid=330 but also works with &task=step&step=0 as follows:
index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=step&step=0&Itemid=330 -> using Joomsef I had attempted: checkout/cart
2nd page:
index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=step&step=1&Itemid=330 -> using Joomsef: checkout/login
3rd page:
index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=step&step=2&Itemid=330 -> using Joomsef: checkout/shipping
4th page:
index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=step&step=3&Itemid=330 -> using Joomsef: checkout/payment
After payment:
index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=step&step=4&Itemid=330 -> using Joomsef: checkout/receipt
So in JoomSEF each of these URLs were custom set to get what I wanted.
I've setup JoomSEF now slightly differently, but the problem is still there.
I've tested standard Joomla SEF and it works fine (but still looks ugly), so it appears a JoomSEF issue.
You've got back-end privileges, but if it helps, I can summarise these points here:
Force a menu - yes, I've got a menu that has the hikashop checkout menu item on it, and I'm using that one here, though the menu itself is not displayed in a module.
URLs of checkout:
The first page comes up as index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&Itemid=330 but also works with &task=step&step=0 as follows:
index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=step&step=0&Itemid=330 -> using Joomsef I had attempted: checkout/cart
2nd page:
index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=step&step=1&Itemid=330 -> using Joomsef: checkout/login
3rd page:
index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=step&step=2&Itemid=330 -> using Joomsef: checkout/shipping
4th page:
index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=step&step=3&Itemid=330 -> using Joomsef: checkout/payment
After payment:
index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=checkout&task=step&step=4&Itemid=330 -> using Joomsef: checkout/receipt
So in JoomSEF each of these URLs were custom set to get what I wanted.
I've setup JoomSEF now slightly differently, but the problem is still there.
I've tested standard Joomla SEF and it works fine (but still looks ugly), so it appears a JoomSEF issue.
Last edit: 12 years 4 days ago by nathankeenmelb. Reason: wrong version number
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- nathankeenmelb
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 30
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 days ago #172997
by nathankeenmelb
Replied by nathankeenmelb on topic Final page errors take you back to the first page
To give an update and close the thread: I have tried sh404SEF and this extension works fine. So it was a JoomSEF issue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds