Skip to main content

After deleting from the cart it will not add again

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 3 days ago #172455 by nathankeenmelb
-- HikaShop version -- : [3.0.2 ---wrong] 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3

Hi,

One one of my products (the book), if I add it to the cart, then delete it from the cart, I cannot add it again.

It simply returns to the same page (rather than going to the checkout), or, if I have another 'product' - my 'donation' - in the checkout it goes to the checkout shopping cart but does not add the book again.

If I then add two books, it will add two books, though it will not automatically go to the shopping cart. But if I delete that, it will not let me add two books from that point either.

The donation does not behave in this way, and works fine.

I'll send you admin details via the contact page.
Last edit: 12 years 3 days ago by nathankeenmelb. Reason: wrong version number

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 days ago #172466 by Xavier
Hi,

Thanks to give us your HikaShop version number, a valid one ;)

Do you have any cache enabled ? If it is, thanks to disable it in the Joomla settings, plugin, etc.
Cache is not compatible with ecommerce systems, as it's fully dynamic content.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 days ago #172597 by nathankeenmelb
In testing this, I have turned off all caching - via global config; plugins incl. the system cache plugin. No change.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 days ago #172657 by Xavier
Hi,

Thanks to give us your HikaShop version number, a valid one ;)


Do you have edited any views related on the cart ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 days ago #172819 by nathankeenmelb
Regarding the version number - do you bring that up again to try and say I supplied the wrong one? I can't understand your English, sorry.

Edited views - I'm afraid if I answer this, you'll simply next ask, what customisations? This is what I have given you access to my admin for. I don't know what it is you are looking for.

All the views under 'cart' have not been edited; in the view 'checkout', the cart files have not been edited; but under the view 'product', the cart file had been edited. I don't know what change was made there. I removed it, but this did not solve the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 days ago #172975 by Jerome
Hi,

The access you gave are not working. I am not able to see your front-end with the credentials I got.

That's why Xavier asked you for some information about the HikaShop version number (HikaShop 3.0.2 does not exists)

And about the view override ; you can see them in the "Display > View" panel.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...-display.html#layout
But the question was also in order to know if you have modified manually a file.

More than the file modification, if we can't know which HikaShop version you are using, it will be difficult to know if the problem you got is known, solved, etc.

So please, provide us some useful information about your website and your configuration.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 days ago #172985 by nathankeenmelb
Okay I finally found the version number we're using: 2.3.2 (in future it would be helpful to have instructions on this, as it was difficult to find; the update/about button did not go to the update/about page, but rather the documentation page; and the extension manager lists a totally different version number)

I will re-send front-end and back-end details.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 days ago #173200 by Jerome
Hi,

Thanks for your version number.
For your security, please update HikaShop to the 2.3.3 version ; we made a security first two days ago.
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ashop-changelog.html
www.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_co...&view=article&id=269

The version number is also displayed in the HikaShop footer and is accessible in the HikaShop configuration (first tab, at the bottom).
I will improve the way it is displayed for the next release (it is displaying the internal version number ; I will also display the public one).

The problem you got is that, your server or a plugin is adding specific header for the "updatecart" hikashop link, so when you try to add the same product with the same quantity, the browser to not call the page, it use it from his cache.
If you change the quantity, you can add the product once again..

What I can recommend you and I can't tell you that it will work at 100% ; is to edit the HikaShop product controller.
File : components/com_hikashop/controllers/product.php
Replace
Code:
function updatecart(){
By
Code:
function updatecart(){ header('Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate'); header('Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0', false); header('Pragma: no-cache'); header('Expires: Wed, 17 Sep 1975 21:32:10 GMT');
It should force the browser to not cache these specific url ; but you might have some issues for the rest of the pages, when the cart might be put in the browser cache and where you might think that the cart is empty (or not) when it is not (or it is).
So removing the feature that force the browser to cache all pages will be a better solution.
But we can't help you for that.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nathankeenmelb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 days ago #173211 by nathankeenmelb
Okay, great. I removed our htaccess directives which included speed optimisation techniques that included some header/caching directives, and it worked fine. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #175719 by cpaschen
FYI (for anyone else having these issues)

I was having what appears to be the same problem.

When I added an item it worked fine.
If I deleted an item, and try to add it again I get the "the Cart is Empty" notice.

If I purchase an item - and go through the checkout completely, then come back for a new transaction and try to purchase it again, it gives me the 'cart is empty' notice.

This appeared to only be happening on products where I had set the 'Maximum quantity per order' to "1".

NOTE: I thought It also strange that this appears to have just started happening after a server upgrade to PHP 5.4.33
No other changes had been made to site.

I disabled all caching, disabled my CDN, which were all installed and working fine prior to the PHP upgrade. (per instructions here and in other tickets)

Still didn't work.

I removed all htaccess speed optimization directives (which again were installed and working prior to the PHP 5.4.33 upgrade).
Once I disabled the speed optimization it stated to work again.

I then re-endabled the caching (memcache) and CDN (cloudflare) and all is working properly now.

SO ... I would recommend looking at any speed optimization directives you have in your htaccess file first when trying to track down this sort of issue.

I find it strange that you (HS) are saying that we MUST disable all caching and CDN from the entire site. This just isn't a functional solution for large sites - esp. those that have lots of content that we use HS to sell access to the content. We need the CDN and caching to make the content areas of the site work properly.

Also, I know that for Joomla modules you can specifically disable caching for their contents, so I would think that you could do that for entire component (as long as the caching was properly integrated/configured within Joomla).

In addition, based on testing here, it appears that it does work properly to use caching and CDN (if you have them set-up properly).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #175745 by nathankeenmelb
I have subsequently discovered that Internet Explorer still complains about this, due to some sort of caching behaviour while going from http to https. [strike]We could only fix this by forcing the whole site to default to https (does require a Hikashop plugin to be turned off - "HikaShop no SSL outside checkout plugin" in plugin manager).[/strike] -actually, this did not work.

For this IE issue, we forced htm / html documents to reload, with htaccess directives set to 1 second.

I have discovered that the following htaccess directives work, allowing most things to be sped up:
Code:
# BEGIN Cache <IfModule mod_mime.c> AddType text/css .css AddType text/x-component .htc AddType application/x-javascript .js AddType application/javascript .js2 AddType text/javascript .js3 AddType text/x-js .js4 AddType text/html .html .htm AddType text/richtext .rtf .rtx AddType image/svg+xml .svg .svgz AddType text/plain .txt AddType text/xsd .xsd AddType text/xsl .xsl AddType text/xml .xml AddType video/asf .asf .asx .wax .wmv .wmx AddType video/avi .avi AddType image/bmp .bmp AddType application/java .class AddType video/divx .divx AddType application/msword .doc .docx AddType application/vnd.ms-fontobject .eot AddType application/x-msdownload .exe AddType image/gif .gif AddType application/x-gzip .gz .gzip AddType image/x-icon .ico AddType image/jpeg .jpg .jpeg .jpe AddType application/json .json AddType application/vnd.ms-access .mdb AddType audio/midi .mid .midi AddType video/quicktime .mov .qt AddType audio/mpeg .mp3 .m4a AddType video/mp4 .mp4 .m4v AddType video/mpeg .mpeg .mpg .mpe AddType application/vnd.ms-project .mpp AddType application/x-font-otf .otf AddType application/vnd.ms-opentype .otf AddType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.database .odb AddType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.chart .odc AddType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.formula .odf AddType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics .odg AddType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation .odp AddType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet .ods AddType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text .odt AddType audio/ogg .ogg AddType application/pdf .pdf AddType image/png .png AddType application/vnd.ms-powerpoint .pot .pps .ppt .pptx AddType audio/x-realaudio .ra .ram AddType application/x-shockwave-flash .swf AddType application/x-tar .tar AddType image/tiff .tif .tiff AddType application/x-font-ttf .ttf .ttc AddType application/vnd.ms-opentype .ttf .ttc AddType audio/wav .wav AddType audio/wma .wma AddType application/vnd.ms-write .wri AddType application/font-woff .woff AddType application/vnd.ms-excel .xla .xls .xlsx .xlt .xlw AddType application/zip .zip </IfModule> <IfModule mod_expires.c> ExpiresActive On ExpiresByType text/css A31536000 ExpiresByType text/x-component A31536000 ExpiresByType application/x-javascript A31536000 ExpiresByType application/javascript A31536000 ExpiresByType text/javascript A31536000 ExpiresByType text/x-js A31536000 ExpiresByType text/html A1 ExpiresByType text/richtext A3600 ExpiresByType image/svg+xml A3600 ExpiresByType text/plain A3600 ExpiresByType text/xsd A3600 ExpiresByType text/xsl A3600 ExpiresByType text/xml A3600 ExpiresByType video/asf A31536000 ExpiresByType video/avi A31536000 ExpiresByType image/bmp A31536000 ExpiresByType application/java A31536000 ExpiresByType video/divx A31536000 ExpiresByType application/msword A31536000 ExpiresByType application/vnd.ms-fontobject A31536000 ExpiresByType application/x-msdownload A31536000 ExpiresByType image/gif A31536000 ExpiresByType application/x-gzip A31536000 ExpiresByType image/x-icon A31536000 ExpiresByType image/jpeg A31536000 ExpiresByType application/json A31536000 ExpiresByType application/vnd.ms-access A31536000 ExpiresByType audio/midi A31536000 ExpiresByType video/quicktime A31536000 ExpiresByType audio/mpeg A31536000 ExpiresByType video/mp4 A31536000 ExpiresByType video/mpeg A31536000 ExpiresByType application/vnd.ms-project A31536000 ExpiresByType application/x-font-otf A31536000 ExpiresByType application/vnd.ms-opentype A31536000 ExpiresByType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.database A31536000 ExpiresByType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.chart A31536000 ExpiresByType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.formula A31536000 ExpiresByType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.graphics A31536000 ExpiresByType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.presentation A31536000 ExpiresByType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.spreadsheet A31536000 ExpiresByType application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text A31536000 ExpiresByType audio/ogg A31536000 ExpiresByType application/pdf A31536000 ExpiresByType image/png A31536000 ExpiresByType application/vnd.ms-powerpoint A31536000 ExpiresByType audio/x-realaudio A31536000 ExpiresByType image/svg+xml A31536000 ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash A31536000 ExpiresByType application/x-tar A31536000 ExpiresByType image/tiff A31536000 ExpiresByType application/x-font-ttf A31536000 ExpiresByType application/vnd.ms-opentype A31536000 ExpiresByType audio/wav A31536000 ExpiresByType audio/wma A31536000 ExpiresByType application/vnd.ms-write A31536000 ExpiresByType application/font-woff A31536000 ExpiresByType application/vnd.ms-excel A31536000 ExpiresByType application/zip A31536000 </IfModule> <IfModule mod_deflate.c> <IfModule mod_headers.c> Header append Vary User-Agent env=!dont-vary </IfModule> AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css text/x-component application/x-javascript application/javascript text/javascript text/x-js text/html text/richtext image/svg+xml text/plain text/xsd text/xsl text/xml image/x-icon application/json # AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css text/x-component application/x-javascript application/javascript text/javascript text/x-js text/richtext image/svg+xml text/plain text/xsd text/xsl text/xml image/x-icon application/json <IfModule mod_mime.c> # DEFLATE by extension AddOutputFilter DEFLATE js css htm html xml # AddOutputFilter DEFLATE js css xml </IfModule> </IfModule> <FilesMatch "\.(css|htc|less|js|js2|js3|js4|CSS|HTC|LESS|JS|JS2|JS3|JS4)$"> FileETag MTime Size <IfModule mod_headers.c> Header set Pragma "public" Header append Cache-Control "public" </IfModule> </FilesMatch> <FilesMatch "\.(html|htm|rtf|rtx|svg|svgz|txt|xsd|xsl|xml|HTML|HTM|RTF|RTX|SVG|SVGZ|TXT|XSD|XSL|XML)$"> #<FilesMatch "\.(rtf|rtx|svg|svgz|txt|xsd|xsl|xml|RTF|RTX|SVG|SVGZ|TXT|XSD|XSL|XML)$"> FileETag MTime Size <IfModule mod_headers.c> Header set Pragma "public" Header append Cache-Control "public" </IfModule> </FilesMatch> <FilesMatch "\.(asf|asx|wax|wmv|wmx|avi|bmp|class|divx|doc|docx|eot|exe|gif|gz|gzip|ico|jpg|jpeg|jpe|json|mdb|mid|midi|mov|qt|mp3|m4a|mp4|m4v|mpeg|mpg|mpe|mpp|otf|odb|odc|odf|odg|odp|ods|odt|ogg|pdf|png|pot|pps|ppt|pptx|ra|ram|svg|svgz|swf|tar|tif|tiff|ttf|ttc|wav|wma|wri|woff|xla|xls|xlsx|xlt|xlw|zip|ASF|ASX|WAX|WMV|WMX|AVI|BMP|CLASS|DIVX|DOC|DOCX|EOT|EXE|GIF|GZ|GZIP|ICO|JPG|JPEG|JPE|JSON|MDB|MID|MIDI|MOV|QT|MP3|M4A|MP4|M4V|MPEG|MPG|MPE|MPP|OTF|ODB|ODC|ODF|ODG|ODP|ODS|ODT|OGG|PDF|PNG|POT|PPS|PPT|PPTX|RA|RAM|SVG|SVGZ|SWF|TAR|TIF|TIFF|TTF|TTC|WAV|WMA|WRI|WOFF|XLA|XLS|XLSX|XLT|XLW|ZIP)$"> FileETag MTime Size <IfModule mod_headers.c> Header set Pragma "public" Header append Cache-Control "public" </IfModule> </FilesMatch> # END Cache
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by nathankeenmelb. Reason: Actually the solutions were wrong - but this is tested

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #175887 by nicolas
Hi,

We are not saying that you MUST disable all caching and CDN from your website in order to use HikaShop.
What we are saying is that such issues come from optimization systems like caching/CDN, etc which are not configured/integrated to work well with the cart system. And so, if you're experiencing issues with the cart, then it's highly likely that the issue comes from something related to the caching/CDN/etc on your website/web server and that's where you should look.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #175904 by cpaschen
Nicolas,

Thanks for clearing that up.
Of course, now something else on the cart broke! :-(
[I think our HS has been down more than up lately ... although the blame doesn't go on HS - most likely server configs I'm guessing.]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.314 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum