- Posts: 100
- Thank you received: 1
URGENT: Shipping Prices Not Calculated Accurately
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #184959
by PubSite
URGENT: Shipping Prices Not Calculated Accurately was created by PubSite
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.222publications.com/newcatalog/en/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.16
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : CHROME
Hello all.
I've been working with my HikaShop system for a while now and I've been experiencing a bug in my Checkout and specially in the Shipping Price Calculations. I don't know where this is coming from. I have the latest version of HikaShop and everything is working perfectly fine in the backend but when it comes to ordering and the users, I have this problem.
The way our shipping works is that, the shop calculates your shipping price based on your "Shipping address" + "Book Weight" and it will return your Shipping Group automatically. This should happen, but I've been getting many reports from users which have paid much less than they should because of the wrong Zone and Shipping price which was calculated for them by the system and on the other hand customers who had paid much more than they should have, again, based on the price calculated for them. I made a lot of test orders and I've come down to 4 main guesses which I think may help you in solving my problem.
I have uploaded the price tables of our website's shipping plan just in case you want to see how the prices change. I have many orders in my website's back-end which show how wrong the system has calculated the shipping price and yet, in other cases the system works great and without any errors. This is not normal that's why I need your help immediately. I'm losing a lot of customers.
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.16
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : CHROME
Hello all.
I've been working with my HikaShop system for a while now and I've been experiencing a bug in my Checkout and specially in the Shipping Price Calculations. I don't know where this is coming from. I have the latest version of HikaShop and everything is working perfectly fine in the backend but when it comes to ordering and the users, I have this problem.
The way our shipping works is that, the shop calculates your shipping price based on your "Shipping address" + "Book Weight" and it will return your Shipping Group automatically. This should happen, but I've been getting many reports from users which have paid much less than they should because of the wrong Zone and Shipping price which was calculated for them by the system and on the other hand customers who had paid much more than they should have, again, based on the price calculated for them. I made a lot of test orders and I've come down to 4 main guesses which I think may help you in solving my problem.
- The Checkout keeps removing the check from "Choose the same address for shipping" I don't have any idea why this is happening.
- When I edit my addresses and want to use other addresses for my shipping, the price for shipping goes wrong most of the time.
- Sometimes, I have to do one task several times to get the right answer. Of course, I can only tell something is wrong when I'm working with the system because I know the prices. But when customers are working with the system, they think the right price is selected for them when it is not. I don't know why new/edited addresses don't change the shipping price the first time we change/edit our address.
I have uploaded the price tables of our website's shipping plan just in case you want to see how the prices change. I have many orders in my website's back-end which show how wrong the system has calculated the shipping price and yet, in other cases the system works great and without any errors. This is not normal that's why I need your help immediately. I'm losing a lot of customers.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by PubSite.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #184997
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic URGENT: Shipping Prices Not Calculated Accurately
Hi,
Without knowing anything about your settings, I would think that the issue is that you have the "auto select shipping and payment methods" option of the HikaShop configuration turned off, or that you didn't configure all your shipping methods correctly.
The best would be that you provide a backend access with a link to this thread via our contact form so that we could check your settings
Without knowing anything about your settings, I would think that the issue is that you have the "auto select shipping and payment methods" option of the HikaShop configuration turned off, or that you didn't configure all your shipping methods correctly.
The best would be that you provide a backend access with a link to this thread via our contact form so that we could check your settings
The following user(s) said Thank You: PubSite
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #185254
by PubSite
Replied by PubSite on topic URGENT: Shipping Prices Not Calculated Accurately
What Email Should I use Dear Nicolas?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #185289
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic URGENT: Shipping Prices Not Calculated Accurately
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #185625
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic URGENT: Shipping Prices Not Calculated Accurately
Hi,
The access you provided didn't allow me to access the HikaShop configuration. Because of that, I couldn't confirm that you have the "auto select shipping and payment methods" option of the HikaShop configuration turned off, but based on how your checkout is behaving, I think that it still is the case. Please turn on that option. I think that it's why the shipping cost gets deselected when you enter a shipping address. And yes, that could lead to the wrong shipping fee being charged. So make sure that this option is activated. If that doesn't help, please make sure that the access you provided can allow us to look at your HikaShop and Joomla configuration pages.
I didn't notice any issue with the "Choose the same address for shipping" checkbox on your website. I did many tests, and they all worked.
The access you provided didn't allow me to access the HikaShop configuration. Because of that, I couldn't confirm that you have the "auto select shipping and payment methods" option of the HikaShop configuration turned off, but based on how your checkout is behaving, I think that it still is the case. Please turn on that option. I think that it's why the shipping cost gets deselected when you enter a shipping address. And yes, that could lead to the wrong shipping fee being charged. So make sure that this option is activated. If that doesn't help, please make sure that the access you provided can allow us to look at your HikaShop and Joomla configuration pages.
I didn't notice any issue with the "Choose the same address for shipping" checkbox on your website. I did many tests, and they all worked.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #185626
by PubSite
Replied by PubSite on topic URGENT: Shipping Prices Not Calculated Accurately
I gave you Super User access now. I think you should have access to everything now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 8 months ago #185629
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic URGENT: Shipping Prices Not Calculated Accurately
Hi,
I found out what is the problem. You removed the "shipping" view from your checkout workflow.
So once the shipping address changes and that HikaShop reset your shipping method, it doesn't reselect it because there is no need to since you removed the shipping selection view.
You should add the shipping view back in your checkout workflow as it is by default and it will work fine again.
I found out what is the problem. You removed the "shipping" view from your checkout workflow.
So once the shipping address changes and that HikaShop reset your shipping method, it doesn't reselect it because there is no need to since you removed the shipping selection view.
You should add the shipping view back in your checkout workflow as it is by default and it will work fine again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PubSite
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds