- Posts: 228
- Thank you received: 8
Website reaches maximum server resources
10 years 8 months ago #227587
by theguy
Website reaches maximum server resources was created by theguy
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hi,
I know my Hikashop version is not up to date and if you tell me this will solve my issue I will renew my subscription and update in a heart bit. But, I'm not sure this is related so I would like to consult with you first.
My Hikashop has around 1,000 products and the front end seems to be working just fine. I've moved my website to another hosting company and now when I try to upload images to my product page it sometimes load for a very long time and then the server maxes out of resources and shuts my website down for about 5 minutes. This happened to me several times in the past couple of days. The spikes are in all of my resources: cpu usage, memory usage, processes, everything.
The details I get from the server are:
Virtual memory usage - 2048 (the max that's allowed)
Physical memory usage - 1024 (again, the max that is allowed)
Max entry processes - 40 (max as well)
I have no cron jobs running on the server. This happens only with Hikashop. Uploading images via the media manager will not effect the same way.
Could you advise as for what could be the source of this problem?
Thank you in advance,
Guy.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.45
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome
Hi,
I know my Hikashop version is not up to date and if you tell me this will solve my issue I will renew my subscription and update in a heart bit. But, I'm not sure this is related so I would like to consult with you first.
My Hikashop has around 1,000 products and the front end seems to be working just fine. I've moved my website to another hosting company and now when I try to upload images to my product page it sometimes load for a very long time and then the server maxes out of resources and shuts my website down for about 5 minutes. This happened to me several times in the past couple of days. The spikes are in all of my resources: cpu usage, memory usage, processes, everything.
The details I get from the server are:
Virtual memory usage - 2048 (the max that's allowed)
Physical memory usage - 1024 (again, the max that is allowed)
Max entry processes - 40 (max as well)
I have no cron jobs running on the server. This happens only with Hikashop. Uploading images via the media manager will not effect the same way.
Could you advise as for what could be the source of this problem?
Thank you in advance,
Guy.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #227588
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Website reaches maximum server resources
Hi,
The memory of your server is less important than the memory that you can give to a single PHP process.
Processing images (to generate thumbnails) can require a big amount of memory (depending of the size of the original picture).
New uploaded images means new thumbnails to generate.
You can see to generate them manually and see if it helps.
You can also check the size of your product images and put smaller images if needed.
Regards,
The memory of your server is less important than the memory that you can give to a single PHP process.
Processing images (to generate thumbnails) can require a big amount of memory (depending of the size of the original picture).
New uploaded images means new thumbnails to generate.
You can see to generate them manually and see if it helps.
You can also check the size of your product images and put smaller images if needed.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 8 months ago #227644
by theguy
Replied by theguy on topic Website reaches maximum server resources
Thank you Jerome, I've forwarded your answer to my hosting company and I hope for a solution soon.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds