- Posts: 79
- Thank you received: 3
[solved] Duplicate products after modify
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #253183
by pljuarez
[solved] Duplicate products after modify was created by pljuarez
-- HikaShop version -- : Business: 2.6.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.38
Hello. Since I update my Hikashop version I have a extrange behaviour in backend -> products.
When I edit a product, and I assign new categories to it. When I save changes and return to the backend, multiple copies of the same product appear, one for each new category I assigned to product. But all of them have the same Id as you can see in attached image.
Is it a bug?
Thanks
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.2
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.38
Hello. Since I update my Hikashop version I have a extrange behaviour in backend -> products.
When I edit a product, and I assign new categories to it. When I save changes and return to the backend, multiple copies of the same product appear, one for each new category I assigned to product. But all of them have the same Id as you can see in attached image.
Is it a bug?
Thanks
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by pljuarez.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago #253185
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Duplicate products after modify
Hi,
It's not a bug. Your product is in several categories and you've configured your products listing to display all the sub elements of all the categories. So you see the product for each category it is in.
It's not a bug. Your product is in several categories and you've configured your products listing to display all the sub elements of all the categories. So you see the product for each category it is in.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago #253325
by pljuarez
Replied by pljuarez on topic Duplicate products after modify
Hello, tanks for your response.
But in previous versions this didn't happened. I've always had this configuration to see my products and had never appeared duplicates.
In addition, the dropdown only allows me to see "all" (with duplicates) or "direct subelements". This is not useful for my client because, despite he have several different categories, he needs to see all products without duplicates, as it appeared in previous versions
How can I do it?
Regards
But in previous versions this didn't happened. I've always had this configuration to see my products and had never appeared duplicates.
In addition, the dropdown only allows me to see "all" (with duplicates) or "direct subelements". This is not useful for my client because, despite he have several different categories, he needs to see all products without duplicates, as it appeared in previous versions
How can I do it?
Regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #253338
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Duplicate products after modify
Hi,
Yes, before it only displayed the products once in the listing regardless of the number of categories.
We had to do that change so that you can now reorders products in categories even with the "all sub elements" option selected as we had a lot of people not understanding why they couldn't reorder the products.
Unfortunately, it's not possible to have both once the product regarldess of its categories AND the reordering with the "all sub elements" option support.
So if you want that, you would have to revert the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php to the old version of the file:
Yes, before it only displayed the products once in the listing regardless of the number of categories.
We had to do that change so that you can now reorders products in categories even with the "all sub elements" option selected as we had a lot of people not understanding why they couldn't reorder the products.
Unfortunately, it's not possible to have both once the product regarldess of its categories AND the reordering with the "all sub elements" option support.
So if you want that, you would have to revert the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php to the old version of the file:
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please log in or register to see it.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #253429
by pljuarez
Replied by pljuarez on topic [resolved] Duplicate products after modify
Thanks Nicolas.
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by pljuarez.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds