- Posts: 640
- Thank you received: 16
Content Module Carousel Mode reains paused after hovering
- PeterChain
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
8 years 7 months ago #287066
by PeterChain
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.carretillasbarcelona.com/es/
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.1
In the home page of this experimental domain www.carretillasbarcelona.com/es there is a content module showing products in carousel mode.
If you hover for a glimpse the carousel stays rotating, but if you stop for a second over a product, then when you stop hovering it the carousel never restarts again until you reload the page.
To me this is a bug.
Tested in Safari, Chrome, Firefox.
Please would would you check and fix?
thank you.
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.1
In the home page of this experimental domain www.carretillasbarcelona.com/es there is a content module showing products in carousel mode.
If you hover for a glimpse the carousel stays rotating, but if you stop for a second over a product, then when you stop hovering it the carousel never restarts again until you reload the page.
To me this is a bug.
Tested in Safari, Chrome, Firefox.
Please would would you check and fix?
thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 7 months ago #287076
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Content Module Carousel Mode reains paused after hovering
Hi,
It indeed looks like a bug in the owl carousel system we're using.
Could you provide a screenshot of the settings under the "hikashop options" tab of your module ?
It indeed looks like a bug in the owl carousel system we're using.
Could you provide a screenshot of the settings under the "hikashop options" tab of your module ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PeterChain
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 640
- Thank you received: 16
8 years 7 months ago #287136
by PeterChain
Replied by PeterChain on topic Content Module Carousel Mode reains paused after hovering
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #287166
by Philip
Replied by Philip on topic Content Module Carousel Mode reains paused after hovering
Hello,
I analyze your code and it seems that the owl carrousel library is load by HikaShop (with your HikaShop parameters) and by your template (with unknown parameters...)
We can't tell what kind of results this can lead...
Can you try to switch to a default template (Protostar) in order to see if that solve your issue ?
And if yes, maybe you have in your template settings an option to switch off ? Or you have to contact your template creator.
Regards
I analyze your code and it seems that the owl carrousel library is load by HikaShop (with your HikaShop parameters) and by your template (with unknown parameters...)
We can't tell what kind of results this can lead...
Can you try to switch to a default template (Protostar) in order to see if that solve your issue ?
And if yes, maybe you have in your template settings an option to switch off ? Or you have to contact your template creator.
Regards
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Philip.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PeterChain
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 640
- Thank you received: 16
8 years 7 months ago #287174
by PeterChain
Replied by PeterChain on topic Content Module Carousel Mode reains paused after hovering
Now the template located library should not be loading as I deleted it from the server. So even if it shows in the page code I understand that with clean caches it is not loading.
The problem persists and now I discovered that is not only when you hover the element, if you change the focus to another tag of the browser, once you are back to the hikashop page the carousel also gets stopped.
The problem persists and now I discovered that is not only when you hover the element, if you change the focus to another tag of the browser, once you are back to the hikashop page the carousel also gets stopped.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #287178
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Content Module Carousel Mode reains paused after hovering
Hi,
It would have been great to test with the default template. Because even with that modification, your template still has a lot of javascript which could potentially interfer. That would allow us to make sure on whether the issue is triggered by something in the template or not.
I've done some digging and it looks like a bug of the library. For example, I have the exact same issue on that page:
owlcarousel2.github.io/OwlCarousel2/demos/autoplay.html
which is a demo of the same feature of the carousel.
I looks like the next version of the owl carousel library ( the 2.3.0 ) might fix that behavior, but it's still in beta.
We've tried adding a patch to the current version.
Replace the file media/com_hikashop/js/owl.carousel.min.js with the one in the zip below, clear your browser cache, make sure that your template doesn't add its own owl library and it should help.
It would have been great to test with the default template. Because even with that modification, your template still has a lot of javascript which could potentially interfer. That would allow us to make sure on whether the issue is triggered by something in the template or not.
I've done some digging and it looks like a bug of the library. For example, I have the exact same issue on that page:
owlcarousel2.github.io/OwlCarousel2/demos/autoplay.html
which is a demo of the same feature of the carousel.
I looks like the next version of the owl carousel library ( the 2.3.0 ) might fix that behavior, but it's still in beta.
We've tried adding a patch to the current version.
Replace the file media/com_hikashop/js/owl.carousel.min.js with the one in the zip below, clear your browser cache, make sure that your template doesn't add its own owl library and it should help.
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please log in or register to see it.
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PeterChain
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 640
- Thank you received: 16
8 years 7 months ago #287211
by PeterChain
Replied by PeterChain on topic Content Module Carousel Mode reains paused after hovering
Hi Nicolas,
thank you for your kind help.
it was my mistake to not mention that I also tested with Protostar with same results.
Now with your new version it got mostly fixed:
If I do the long hover it works again after hovering.
If I change to new browser TAB and then I get back it gets frozen until I hover on a product, then after hovering it retakes movement.
Best regards,
thank you for your kind help.
it was my mistake to not mention that I also tested with Protostar with same results.
Now with your new version it got mostly fixed:
If I do the long hover it works again after hovering.
If I change to new browser TAB and then I get back it gets frozen until I hover on a product, then after hovering it retakes movement.
Best regards,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds