Skip to main content

discription on product page

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #93200 by luppe
Hi I like to remove the description on my product page
because its also in the tab: description




Thanks
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by luppe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #93227 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,

You'll be able to do it by :
- Going to "Hikashop->Display->Views"
- Editing the show_default file of the product view of your front-end template
- Changing these lines :
Code:
<div id="hikashop_product_description_main" class="hikashop_product_description_main"> <?php //DISPLAY the product description echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',preg_replace('#<hr *id="system-readmore" */>#i','',$this->element->product_description)); ?> </div>
by these lines :
Code:
<div id="hikashop_product_description_main" class="hikashop_product_description_main"> <?php //DISPLAY the product description //echo JHTML::_('content.prepare',preg_replace('#<hr *id="system-readmore" */>#i','',$this->element->product_description)); ?> </div>

Hope this will help you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: luppe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #93679 by luppe
Replied by luppe on topic discription on product page
hi

I try to change it
but maybe Im wrong :unsure: but not gave not the result

com_hikashop>Vieuws>products>tmpl>show_default.php

but now I cant see the tabs anymore and the description still there



hope I can fix it back

thanks for any help

regards
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by luppe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #93852 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,

You'll just have to revert your changes, can you do what I told you through "Hikashop->Display->Views" and then edit the show_default file of the product view of your front-end template.
The following user(s) said Thank You: luppe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #93861 by luppe
Replied by luppe on topic discription on product page
Hi

thanks for your time

I try to do It with Dreamweaver
com_hikashop>Vieuws>products>tmpl>show_default.php

I dint see that you can do it in hikashop

but is there any thing different?
I try to put it back but it is not working

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #93894 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,

Can you give me a temporary access to your back-end through Private Message, then I'll maybe be able to do it for you ?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #93912 by Mohamed Thelji
Hi,

I removed the text that you wanted to hide by modifying the show_tabular file.
Regarding the table, I don't know what file did you modified to broke it, so giving more precision would help :).
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94051 by luppe
Replied by luppe on topic discription on product page
Hi Mohamed

I dit in dreamweaver

lookt up the file show_default.php

com_hikashop>Vieuws>products>tmpl>show_default.php

I search for the code and set in the new code
but then it went wrong
so I put back the previous made backup file show_default.php with filezilla
but it dit not change back
also try to install back the zip file with hikashop
but it dit not help

thanks for your help


regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94125 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic discription on product page
Hi,

The show_default view seems to be working fine.
Have you solved your problem ? If not, can you explain what you need now ?
The following user(s) said Thank You: luppe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94131 by luppe
Replied by luppe on topic discription on product page
Hi Xavier

its seems that I cant get back my tab view
Its set to tab in Hikashop>configuration
try it also on the product page to set to tab but its not showing
I screw it up :blush:

thanks you guys for your help

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94256 by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic discription on product page
Hi,

That's probably because you have copy and paste the content of the view "show_default" in the view "show_tabular".
Save the content of the custom "show_tabular" in another file, then click on the dustbin in the view listing for the view "show_tabular" and you should have back the show tabular view.
The following user(s) said Thank You: luppe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94342 by luppe
Replied by luppe on topic discription on product page
Hi xavier

I did the dustbin no result
I don't think I went to tabular
maybe its better to put back a backup
its just that I put products in an start again


thanks

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94348 by luppe
Replied by luppe on topic discription on product page
thanks for all your help and trying to solve my problem
I put back a backup
So now I can try to put back the product in the database that a lost :S

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #95554 by luppe
Replied by luppe on topic discription on product page
Hi
sorry to get back to this question
I put back my backup but the tekst that I wont to remove is still there
I have change the code but no result

also if I push the read more button or go directly go to a product like from newsletter
then the module are not there and the view of the product page change

I put the read more button of in hikashop but still showing

thanks for any help

regards
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by luppe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #95707 by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic discription on product page
Hi,

Simply add the CSS below in your frontend CSS file of HikaShop and that will hide that part:
.hikashop_product_description_main_mini{ display: none;}
The following user(s) said Thank You: luppe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #95732 by luppe
Replied by luppe on topic discription on product page
thanks Nicolas

that working :)

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum