Auto populate Acymailing newsletter
12 years 7 months ago #141931
by Smiler
Auto populate Acymailing newsletter was created by Smiler
Is there a "how to" anywhere explaining the process for auto creating a newsletter containing new Hikashop products added since the previous newsletter was sent out?
I have Acymailing Business which I'm led to believe should do this but I have searched everywhere
with no luck.
I have Acymailing Business which I'm led to believe should do this but I have searched everywhere
with no luck.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #141958
by Smiler
Replied by Smiler on topic Auto populate Acymailing newsletter
I think I managed to sort this out myself. I'm assuming that when I add a product, it's details are saved in the database and on the next auto newsletter, they all get sent in one batch, the batch of details are erased and the cycle begins again for the next auto newsletter. You could also interpret that as new products are added, a new auto newsletter is triggered there and then. I am assuming the former due to testing which would not have been necessary at this stage if this distinction was made in the docs.
A SCREENSHOT WITHOUT EXPLANATION IS NOT DOCUMENTATION!
What it is, is lazy.
It might be elementary to the devs who write the software but it isn't to a 55 year old engineer who does not do this for a living.
A SCREENSHOT WITHOUT EXPLANATION IS NOT DOCUMENTATION!
What it is, is lazy.
It might be elementary to the devs who write the software but it isn't to a 55 year old engineer who does not do this for a living.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 7 months ago #142025
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Auto populate Acymailing newsletter
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. I would recommend to contact AcyMailing regarding your documentation improvement proposal as they are the ones handling the documentation for all their plugins including the one for HikaShop, not us.
Thank you for your feedback. I would recommend to contact AcyMailing regarding your documentation improvement proposal as they are the ones handling the documentation for all their plugins including the one for HikaShop, not us.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds