- Posts: 27
- Thank you received: 0
Dynamic Datepicker
- travelbaba
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5
Hello,
I've seen already a similar post, but I would like to focus the attention on this problem:
I've bought the dynamic datepicker that seem to do a grat job for my purpouse ( selling tickets for specific days), but it causes problems:
1) doesn't respect the compulsory field ( leave it empty to try);
2) It doesn't show up in Cart as custom value;
3) It doesn't allow the selected product with variants to show up as single product with selected variants but as "single variants as products" ( see picture)
My question : is there a possibility, a little tweak to avoid this problem? To pass the custom item field to the cart?
Thanks for your answer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I made a fast test and I don't think the problem is coming from the datepicker custom field.
When you add the product "Crociera Romantica a Venezia", the product itself is not added in the cart but two other products are added : "Adulti" and "Bambini".
These products are added in the cart but they don't have the datepicker custom field attached. The custom field is attached to the product "Crociera Romantica a Venezia" which is finally not added into your cart.
That's why you can't see the custom field but it is not related to the "datepicker" but it will be the same using another kind of custom field.
I will recommend you to group the options to the main product in your HikaShop configuration and let the main product to be added in your cart.
At this moment it will be easier for the customer to understand the products in the cart and it will display the "item custom fields".
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- travelbaba
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 27
- Thank you received: 0
I make you test 2 other products, remind that they are builded with the same system:
Main product with 2 options: adults and children
Adults and children have 10 variants.
A custom item field datepicker.
Now look at this product:
www.marcopolovenezia.com/shop/product/36...oni-x-san-marco.html
Its has the datepicker but there is no weekday restriction and the cart results ok andl the date is passed to cart ( order)
Look this article:
www.marcopolovenezia.com/shop/product/36...oni-x-san-marco.html
Cart result ok, item custom filed is passed.
So, I presume that is the weekday restriction causes the error.
I'm struggling with it!!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Would it be possible to have your datepicker configuration ?
I want to reproduce your problem in my local website.
Thanks
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- travelbaba
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 27
- Thank you received: 0
Ok, picture nr 1 is not working, there are the weekdays restriction
picture 2 the one that works ( but still doesn't work with compulsory range of dates)
Many thanks for your time!
Matteo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I couldn't reproduce your problem in my local website.
In my side, when I tried to add a product with a wrong date, I got an error message saying that the date is invalid.
I didn't see in your webpage a zone for the "system-message-container" ; does your template handle the Joomla messages ?
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...tibility-issues.html
But I see that the option "default today" should manage the date restriction in order to not select "today" if the value is not inside the accepted dates.
But it does not explain your problem.
Allowing or not some weekdays does not change the way that the plugin handle the dates and should not refuse to add the product in the cart.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- travelbaba
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 27
- Thank you received: 0
I will follow the instructions in the suggested page.
In case I will report my conclusions.
Matteo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- travelbaba
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 27
- Thank you received: 0
looks like a big jquery conflict.
I'm trying various settings and looks like there is a possibility to make it work.
Many many thanks for your help.
Matteo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I saw that there are javascript problem introduced by "PrettyPhoto script".
Hope it will help you.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- travelbaba
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 27
- Thank you received: 0
Still working on it....
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- travelbaba
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 27
- Thank you received: 0
I'm still testin different configurations, different templates, but I get casual errors.
When I think I've found the right configuration and I do a stress test Im' proud that I've solved the issue. I do the last try and I get the error.
I also use minimal templates, to elimitate eventual scripts, but same result.
I kind of casual error.
Of course, if I eliminate the calender the orders are Ok, I get the variants included in the main Article.
I will try to update joomla to last version 3.2.2 and see if it could elimitate eventual conflicts.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- travelbaba
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 27
- Thank you received: 0
event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.
no errors.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Does only the week day restriction is causing you the trouble ?
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- travelbaba
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 27
- Thank you received: 0
If I have no weekdays restrictions it works smooth.
Any idea?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sorry for the late answer.
Would it be possible to have a ftp access or an access to your backend ?
I want to make some test with the date picker, try another solutions. For that I need to get some debug trace details so I need a direct access to the datepicker php files.
Thanks to it, I will be able to determine the source of the weekday trouble and fix it.
Regards,
PS: You can send me such private information using private message, or email (jerome at hikashop).
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- travelbaba
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 27
- Thank you received: 0
I will then send you in PM.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- travelbaba
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 27
- Thank you received: 0
Another small issue about timepicker:
doesn't respect the compulsory function:
www.marcopolovenezia.com/tratte/product/...ido-x-aeroporto.html
THanks
Matteo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for the FTP access.
I tried to make some debug but the last product link you gave me didn't work anymore.
I still do not understand what "compulsory" means and for the debug process, the option to filter the week days should be set. It could be easier with an access to the HikaShop backend (to change the option of the custom field).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
To complete my previous message, the first product in the thread is working good.
I am able to select a date and to add the product in the cart.
As you can see the date is right selected and displayed. In the product page, there are some date limitation (the week days).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- travelbaba
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 27
- Thank you received: 0
I was working in some product, now they are online again.
Compulsory means that the customer HAS TO SELECT a date, otherwise it doesn't go further. But it doesn't work.
THe products that are not working are the one that needs a special weekday.
For example:
www.marcopolovenezia.com/shop/product/11...zia-novita-2014.html
www.marcopolovenezia.com/shop/product/86...-punta-sabbioni.html
www.marcopolovenezia.com/shop/product/1-...ntica-a-venezia.html
Please make a stress test with these products, you will see that casually they make errors.
Then try to leave the date field empty and the product will be added anyway.
Thanks for your support.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.