- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
Hika + Akeeba Subs - 2 PHP issues
12 years 2 months ago #165184
by timk
Hika + Akeeba Subs - 2 PHP issues was created by timk
-- url of the page with the problem -- : http : // www . furiantech . com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 36.0.1985.125 m
Hey guys,
Before I start, I just want to thank you for taking the time out to develop an awesome product and that I cant wait to actually earn some money and justify me upgrading
Further I understand the Akeeba Subscriptions is not supported anymore, but once I get it working I will then be able to check at alternatives.
Down to business;
I am using Hikashop Starter and Akeeba Subsciptions together. I am using PayFast as my payment plugin, and everything seems to work when you are placing an order via the traditional method. The problem I am experiencing is related to "post purchase". Basically I am using Akeeba Subs to send a link to a user before their subscription expires (since Payfast doesnt accept recurring payments, and PayPal doesnt accept ZAR as an accepted currency).
To add complexity I am also using JoomSEF to neaten up my links and help with SEO.
Everything to that point works, except the following issues:
1. Going to HikaShop User Control Panel, click -> "Show your subcriptions" just redirects to the current link followed by a # symbol.
The same issue was experienced here: www.hikashop.com/forum/3-bug-report/7856...malformed.html#91075 - I would like confirmation of what piece of code to use to fix it.
2. In the email sent by Akeeba Subs it sends a URL to manage your subscriptions, you go there and it takes you to a "My Subscriptions" page. On there I can see my current order, when I try click "renew" (Image: AkeebaURL3) it doesnt use the custom URL I specified in the Subscription Level itself. Please see attached image (AkeebaURL1). Basically that URL never applies itself correctly, I suspect an issue with the logic in the code itself.
The link that should be used for the custom URL is actually a Hikashop Link with Checkout specified, so basically they just buying my item again when they click the renew button. But the URL is not applied. ie. "index.php/solutions/proper-test/checkout" when appended to my domain will check out the item and start the checkout process.
(Image: AkeebaURL2) is the actual page I get to when I click Renew.
I hope the above makes sense! I have looked at the code myself, but far too many variables for me to dig around.
I may have gone into too much detail about the issue and not explained it well.
Thank you for your time
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.10
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 36.0.1985.125 m
Hey guys,
Before I start, I just want to thank you for taking the time out to develop an awesome product and that I cant wait to actually earn some money and justify me upgrading
Further I understand the Akeeba Subscriptions is not supported anymore, but once I get it working I will then be able to check at alternatives.
Down to business;
I am using Hikashop Starter and Akeeba Subsciptions together. I am using PayFast as my payment plugin, and everything seems to work when you are placing an order via the traditional method. The problem I am experiencing is related to "post purchase". Basically I am using Akeeba Subs to send a link to a user before their subscription expires (since Payfast doesnt accept recurring payments, and PayPal doesnt accept ZAR as an accepted currency).
To add complexity I am also using JoomSEF to neaten up my links and help with SEO.
Everything to that point works, except the following issues:
1. Going to HikaShop User Control Panel, click -> "Show your subcriptions" just redirects to the current link followed by a # symbol.
The same issue was experienced here: www.hikashop.com/forum/3-bug-report/7856...malformed.html#91075 - I would like confirmation of what piece of code to use to fix it.
2. In the email sent by Akeeba Subs it sends a URL to manage your subscriptions, you go there and it takes you to a "My Subscriptions" page. On there I can see my current order, when I try click "renew" (Image: AkeebaURL3) it doesnt use the custom URL I specified in the Subscription Level itself. Please see attached image (AkeebaURL1). Basically that URL never applies itself correctly, I suspect an issue with the logic in the code itself.
The link that should be used for the custom URL is actually a Hikashop Link with Checkout specified, so basically they just buying my item again when they click the renew button. But the URL is not applied. ie. "index.php/solutions/proper-test/checkout" when appended to my domain will check out the item and start the checkout process.
(Image: AkeebaURL2) is the actual page I get to when I click Renew.
I hope the above makes sense! I have looked at the code myself, but far too many variables for me to dig around.
I may have gone into too much detail about the issue and not explained it well.
Thank you for your time
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #165297
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Hika + Akeeba Subs - 2 PHP issues
Hi,
1. The link should be something like: ".../index.php?option=com_akeebasubs&view=subscriptions" as it is set in the plugin.
You can potentially edit that link directly in the plugin file "plugins/hikashop/akeebasubs/akeebasubs.php"
2. This is more a Akeeba subscription issue, we don't manage the emails sent by Akeeba. As link, you can provide the default HikaShop link to the orders page.
1. The link should be something like: ".../index.php?option=com_akeebasubs&view=subscriptions" as it is set in the plugin.
You can potentially edit that link directly in the plugin file "plugins/hikashop/akeebasubs/akeebasubs.php"
2. This is more a Akeeba subscription issue, we don't manage the emails sent by Akeeba. As link, you can provide the default HikaShop link to the orders page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: timk
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #165429
by timk
Replied by timk on topic Hika + Akeeba Subs - 2 PHP issues
Hey Xavier,
I appreciate your time! Thank you good sir.
Re 1. I am still trying to find the link to edit, all I can find is this:
$buttons[] = array('link'=>JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_akeebasubs&view=subscriptions'.$url_itemid),'level'=>1,'image'=>'subscription','text'=>JText::_('SUBSCRIPTIONS'),'description'=>'<ul><li>'.JText::_('VIEW_SUBSCRIPTIONS').'</li></ul>');
which is under : function onUserAccountDisplay
But even editing that URL entirely does nothing.
Re 2. Managed to sort it out, seems there was a problem with the $CanRenew and $RenewURL, so just told it to always use the custom value irrespective
Have a good day further and I look forward to using your products extensively.
I appreciate your time! Thank you good sir.
Re 1. I am still trying to find the link to edit, all I can find is this:
$buttons[] = array('link'=>JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_akeebasubs&view=subscriptions'.$url_itemid),'level'=>1,'image'=>'subscription','text'=>JText::_('SUBSCRIPTIONS'),'description'=>'<ul><li>'.JText::_('VIEW_SUBSCRIPTIONS').'</li></ul>');
which is under : function onUserAccountDisplay
But even editing that URL entirely does nothing.
Re 2. Managed to sort it out, seems there was a problem with the $CanRenew and $RenewURL, so just told it to always use the custom value irrespective
Have a good day further and I look forward to using your products extensively.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #165443
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Hika + Akeeba Subs - 2 PHP issues
Hi,
That's however the URL to change. I don't see why that wouldn't work.
Are you sure that you're editing the file on the correct website ? That you uploaded it back successfully ?
That's however the URL to change. I don't see why that wouldn't work.
Are you sure that you're editing the file on the correct website ? That you uploaded it back successfully ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #167654
by timk
Replied by timk on topic Hika + Akeeba Subs - 2 PHP issues
Hey Nicolas,
Yeah I am positive. I am working in the following dir:
joomla/plugins/hikashop/akeebas, filename is akeebas.php
$buttons[] = array('link'=>JRoute::_('my-account/subscriptions/subscriptions'),'level'=>1,'image'=>'subscription','text'=>JText::_('SUBSCRIPTIONS'),'description'=>'<ul><li>'.JText::_('VIEW_SUBSCRIPTIONS').'</li></ul>');
Maybe the SEF link is causing issues? I tried to change it to anything else and it doesnt work
Yeah I am positive. I am working in the following dir:
joomla/plugins/hikashop/akeebas, filename is akeebas.php
$buttons[] = array('link'=>JRoute::_('my-account/subscriptions/subscriptions'),'level'=>1,'image'=>'subscription','text'=>JText::_('SUBSCRIPTIONS'),'description'=>'<ul><li>'.JText::_('VIEW_SUBSCRIPTIONS').'</li></ul>');
Maybe the SEF link is causing issues? I tried to change it to anything else and it doesnt work
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #167827
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Hika + Akeeba Subs - 2 PHP issues
Hi,
In the plugin, thanks to replace the function "onUserAccountDisplay" by:
Are you using the plugin "akeebas" or "akeebasubs" ? It's two different one, so thanks to make the modification in both plugins. (if you have both presents).
In the plugin, thanks to replace the function "onUserAccountDisplay" by:
Code:
function onUserAccountDisplay(& $buttons){
global $Itemid;
$url_itemid='';
if(!empty($Itemid)){
$url_itemid='&Itemid='.$Itemid;
}
$buttons[] = array('link'=>JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_akeebasubs&view=subscriptions'.$url_itemid),'level'=>0,'image'=>'subscription','text'=>JText::_('SUBSCRIPTIONS'),'description'=>'<ul><li>'.JText::_('VIEW_SUBSCRIPTIONS').'</li></ul>');
return true;
}
Are you using the plugin "akeebas" or "akeebasubs" ? It's two different one, so thanks to make the modification in both plugins. (if you have both presents).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #167873
by timk
Replied by timk on topic Hika + Akeeba Subs - 2 PHP issues
Hi Xavier,
Thank you for the reply
Your code fixed it right up. From what I can tell, the level =>0 is the difference between them.
Working like a charm!
Thank you for the reply
Your code fixed it right up. From what I can tell, the level =>0 is the difference between them.
Working like a charm!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds