- Posts: 126
- Thank you received: 0
I have some questions about search function...
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #169645
by neviqimka
I have some questions about search function... was created by neviqimka
Hello!
1) I use standard Joomla search and HikaShop plugin. How to display the product images in search result?
2) How to exclude all site components from search, except HikaShop products?
3) I have strange URL-s in search result, which not have category in address, for example:
the correct URL looks like: basilurcaj.com/kolekcija-cajeva/cajevi-list-cejlona/crni-caj-uva-70259.html
but in search result I get: basilurcaj.com/kolekcija-cajeva/crni-caj-uva-70259.html
1) I use standard Joomla search and HikaShop plugin. How to display the product images in search result?
2) How to exclude all site components from search, except HikaShop products?
3) I have strange URL-s in search result, which not have category in address, for example:
the correct URL looks like: basilurcaj.com/kolekcija-cajeva/cajevi-list-cejlona/crni-caj-uva-70259.html
but in search result I get: basilurcaj.com/kolekcija-cajeva/crni-caj-uva-70259.html
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by neviqimka.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 weeks ago #169657
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic I have some questions about search function...
Hi,
1. It would require customizing the search results page of Joomla: www.pluginvalley.com/tutorials/joomla-tu...ch-results-page.html
You need to be a developer or ask one to do it for you.
2. Disable the other search plugins of Joomla via the Joomla plugins manager.
3. The current version of the search plugin of HikaShop doesn't handle the canonical URLs. It will with next version of HikaShop which is to be released in a few weeks.
1. It would require customizing the search results page of Joomla: www.pluginvalley.com/tutorials/joomla-tu...ch-results-page.html
You need to be a developer or ask one to do it for you.
2. Disable the other search plugins of Joomla via the Joomla plugins manager.
3. The current version of the search plugin of HikaShop doesn't handle the canonical URLs. It will with next version of HikaShop which is to be released in a few weeks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 weeks ago #169740
by neviqimka
Replied by neviqimka on topic I have some questions about search function...
1) I found this plugin
www.modulout.com/22-adsearch-for-hikashop.html
but it cost 40,00 € :whistle:
2) Thank's
3) It would be nice, because many links in search result end on 404 page
2) Thank's
3) It would be nice, because many links in search result end on 404 page
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 weeks ago #169781
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic I have some questions about search function...
Hi,
I notified Nicolas about the plugin, we will add it in the integration list.
Regards,
I notified Nicolas about the plugin, we will add it in the integration list.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #169840
by neviqimka
Replied by neviqimka on topic I have some questions about search function...
Can you add this function, which displaying images of product in your "HikaShop products search plugin" or this is some complicated code? Before HikaShop I used JoomShoping, which had this function automatically
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by neviqimka.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 weeks ago #169868
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic I have some questions about search function...
Hi,
We can't add it in the HikaShop products search plugin, as it doesn't handle the result view.
It is a Joomla view, and doing an override on that view will compromise the compatibility for a lot of people.
We can't add it in the HikaShop products search plugin, as it doesn't handle the result view.
It is a Joomla view, and doing an override on that view will compromise the compatibility for a lot of people.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PolishedGeek
-
- Offline
- Official HikaShop Development Partner
12 years 2 weeks ago #171072
by PolishedGeek
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
Replied by PolishedGeek on topic I have some questions about search function...
Just FYI, we ran into a similar problem with non-canonical URLs being in the results for Universal AJAX Search (
offlajn.com/universal-ajax-live-search/u...rch/flypage.tpl.html
).
Until the fixed plugin is released, we had to modify the Hikashop plugin so it would not generate the link from the product title/default alias.
File where you can change this: {site}/plugins/search/hikashop_products/hikashop_products.php
Until the fixed plugin is released, we had to modify the Hikashop plugin so it would not generate the link from the product title/default alias.
File where you can change this: {site}/plugins/search/hikashop_products/hikashop_products.php
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 4 days ago - 12 years 3 days ago #173039
by neviqimka
Replied by neviqimka on topic I have some questions about search function...
3. I was updated HikaShop on 2.3.3 version but URL-s in search result not changed in canonical URLs 
Please visited my site basilurcaj.com and write in search field for example "zeleni" (green) and you will not see any canonical links.
For example, URL in search result looks basilurcaj.com/kolekcija-cajeva/cajevi-voce-i-cvijece/citrus-tea-green-tea.html
but canonical link of this page looks /kolekcija-cajeva/cajevi-voce-i-cvijece/zeleni-cajevi-citrus-tea-green-tea-70238.html
This URL-s are generated from name of product not from canonical URL :blink:
And many URLs in search result end on 404 page
Please visited my site basilurcaj.com and write in search field for example "zeleni" (green) and you will not see any canonical links.
For example, URL in search result looks basilurcaj.com/kolekcija-cajeva/cajevi-voce-i-cvijece/citrus-tea-green-tea.html
but canonical link of this page looks /kolekcija-cajeva/cajevi-voce-i-cvijece/zeleni-cajevi-citrus-tea-green-tea-70238.html
This URL-s are generated from name of product not from canonical URL :blink:
And many URLs in search result end on 404 page
Last edit: 12 years 3 days ago by neviqimka.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 days ago #173059
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic I have some questions about search function...
Hi,
As I said, that will be fixed in the next version of HikaShop. The 2.3.3 was a security release which only contains the patch for the security release. It is the same version as the 2.3.2 for everything else.
The next version of HikaShop is scheduled to be released in 2 or 3 weeks.
In the mean time, you can copy/paste the code from pastebin.com/ed5jTGw3 in the file plugins/search/hikashop_products/hikashop_products.php and you should be ok.
As I said, that will be fixed in the next version of HikaShop. The 2.3.3 was a security release which only contains the patch for the security release. It is the same version as the 2.3.2 for everything else.
The next version of HikaShop is scheduled to be released in 2 or 3 weeks.
In the mean time, you can copy/paste the code from pastebin.com/ed5jTGw3 in the file plugins/search/hikashop_products/hikashop_products.php and you should be ok.
The following user(s) said Thank You: neviqimka
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 3 days ago #173182
by neviqimka
Replied by neviqimka on topic I have some questions about search function...
Thank you very much, all works
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds