- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Facebook Share Image problem
11 years 1 month ago #210443
by matty3003
Facebook Share Image problem was created by matty3003
-- HikaShop version -- : 1411011730
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.27
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.39
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all browsers
Hi
I am having problem with facebook share button from the Hikashop social integration plugin
All works fine, facebook share window pops up, product image is the same as on the product page, and link is fine too.
But then when I share to anyone on facebook the link is fine and works ok, but the product image has changed to a different image from my site not the one of the product that was originally in the link.
This happens every time on any product page & it always gets replaced with the same image which looks bad from a sharing point of view, I need people to see the product related to the link.
Any help or insight would be much appreciated, I have tried going through website template in case any image is set as a default facebook image, but maybe I am missing something obvious??
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.27
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.39
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all browsers
Hi
I am having problem with facebook share button from the Hikashop social integration plugin
All works fine, facebook share window pops up, product image is the same as on the product page, and link is fine too.
But then when I share to anyone on facebook the link is fine and works ok, but the product image has changed to a different image from my site not the one of the product that was originally in the link.
This happens every time on any product page & it always gets replaced with the same image which looks bad from a sharing point of view, I need people to see the product related to the link.
Any help or insight would be much appreciated, I have tried going through website template in case any image is set as a default facebook image, but maybe I am missing something obvious??
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #210447
by matty3003
Replied by matty3003 on topic Facebook Share Image problem
Ok so I think I've fixed this
Don't know quite how hikashop plugins are structured, but in my list is a Hikashop Social Networks Plugin & System - Hikashop Social Plugin
Looks like I needed to disable the first one & enable the System - Hikashop Social Plugin instead, that seems to have done the trick.
Don't know quite how hikashop plugins are structured, but in my list is a Hikashop Social Networks Plugin & System - Hikashop Social Plugin
Looks like I needed to disable the first one & enable the System - Hikashop Social Plugin instead, that seems to have done the trick.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #210449
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Facebook Share Image problem
Hi,
See : www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ashop-changelog.html
Regards,
See : www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ashop-changelog.html
The Social Networks plugin has been moved from the content group to the system group in order to avoid caching display issues where the {hikashop_social} tag was not being replaced
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds