- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
Embed RSForm in hikashop checkout registration
- issa.mouawad
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #212444
by issa.mouawad
Embed RSForm in hikashop checkout registration was created by issa.mouawad
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hi
I have an RSForm registration form , through which all the registrations in the website take place.
I would like to embed this form in the Hikashop Checkout process (rather than the default joomla registration form)
is that possible?
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
Hi
I have an RSForm registration form , through which all the registrations in the website take place.
I would like to embed this form in the Hikashop Checkout process (rather than the default joomla registration form)
is that possible?
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by issa.mouawad.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- PolishedGeek
-
- Offline
- Official HikaShop Development Partner
11 years 1 month ago #212448
by PolishedGeek
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
Replied by PolishedGeek on topic Embed RSForm in hikashop checkout registration
What are the reasons why you want to use a form component rather than the built in custom fields capability in HikaShop? Does the form integrate with an external system or reporting in some way?
If you can use the native Hikashop custom field features you will save yourself a lot of customization work and hassles at upgrade time.
If you can use the native Hikashop custom field features you will save yourself a lot of customization work and hassles at upgrade time.
~ Deb Cinkus, CEO
Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- issa.mouawad
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 1 month ago #212450
by issa.mouawad
Replied by issa.mouawad on topic Embed RSForm in hikashop checkout registration
I want to have a customized registration experience , Hikashop custom fields will only help during a checkout process
while RSForms Registration form can be used even outside the context of a shopping use-case
while RSForms Registration form can be used even outside the context of a shopping use-case
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #212478
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Embed RSForm in hikashop checkout registration
Hi,
You don't need RSForms for that.
HikaShop includes its own registration.
It is of course used on the checkout, but you can also have it on its own to be used as the default registration form of your website.
For that, you can just enable the "Redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop" plugin via the Joomla plugins manager and instead of the Joomla registration form, you'll get the HikaShop registration form, that you can customize in the menu Display>Custom fields.
You don't need RSForms for that.
HikaShop includes its own registration.
It is of course used on the checkout, but you can also have it on its own to be used as the default registration form of your website.
For that, you can just enable the "Redirect Joomla registration to HikaShop" plugin via the Joomla plugins manager and instead of the Joomla registration form, you'll get the HikaShop registration form, that you can customize in the menu Display>Custom fields.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- issa.mouawad
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 1 month ago #212764
by issa.mouawad
Replied by issa.mouawad on topic Embed RSForm in hikashop checkout registration
actually the Hikashop registration form doesn't fulfill my requirements, I want to keep using both RSForms and Hikashop
but I want to sync the user stores of (joomla core, Hikashop users and RSForms users)
I wonder what is the best way to incorporate the checkout page in this synchronization, please help me with these choices and the way to accomplish them
1- load the RSForm inside the checkout page, by possibly updating some rendering php function that indstead of displaying specific fields, will fetch a RSForm
2- keep the Hikashop registration form , but on the register event (some do_register function in a controller) I will have to implement a database insert that inserts the supplied data to RSForms userstore (in addition to the original code of course)
can you please help me by telling me which one is easier, and what are the files to look at
but I want to sync the user stores of (joomla core, Hikashop users and RSForms users)
I wonder what is the best way to incorporate the checkout page in this synchronization, please help me with these choices and the way to accomplish them
1- load the RSForm inside the checkout page, by possibly updating some rendering php function that indstead of displaying specific fields, will fetch a RSForm
2- keep the Hikashop registration form , but on the register event (some do_register function in a controller) I will have to implement a database insert that inserts the supplied data to RSForms userstore (in addition to the original code of course)
can you please help me by telling me which one is easier, and what are the files to look at
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 1 month ago #212794
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Embed RSForm in hikashop checkout registration
Hi,
The first method will be near impossible. The form from RSForm isn't made to be inserted in another form (the checkout in the case). In fact, in HTML, you can't have forms into forms.
So I would recommend the second option. HikaShop has specific triggers you can use to:
- hook yourself after the registration process of HikaShop
- add a view in the checkout
- add new custom field types (which should allow you to fulfill almost any requirement)
All of these methods should allow you to achieve such integration in a different manner. And you can find more information on the different triggers you can implement in your plugin in our developer documentation page:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...r-documentation.html
The first method will be near impossible. The form from RSForm isn't made to be inserted in another form (the checkout in the case). In fact, in HTML, you can't have forms into forms.
So I would recommend the second option. HikaShop has specific triggers you can use to:
- hook yourself after the registration process of HikaShop
- add a view in the checkout
- add new custom field types (which should allow you to fulfill almost any requirement)
All of these methods should allow you to achieve such integration in a different manner. And you can find more information on the different triggers you can implement in your plugin in our developer documentation page:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...r-documentation.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- issa.mouawad
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 26
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 4 weeks ago #212809
by issa.mouawad
Replied by issa.mouawad on topic Embed RSForm in hikashop checkout registration
yes I am aware of that, I just thought that maybe the form it self is being rendered by a php function, this way I can hook another php function
two more question please
1-the css of the checkout page, where can I find it ?
I think that the text boxes of the registration are a little large( in hight ) I want to make them smaller
2- when I activate the Hikashop as a registration form of the joomla website, the registration page that appears, is actually displayed under the product listing menu , how can I prevent that ?
two more question please
1-the css of the checkout page, where can I find it ?
I think that the text boxes of the registration are a little large( in hight ) I want to make them smaller
2- when I activate the Hikashop as a registration form of the joomla website, the registration page that appears, is actually displayed under the product listing menu , how can I prevent that ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 4 weeks ago #212826
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Embed RSForm in hikashop checkout registration
Hi,
1. All the frontend CSS of HikaShop can be found in the frontend CSS file of HikaShop that you can edit in the HikaShop configuration as explained here:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
Then, the CSS of your Joomla template might also apply in some cases.
2. In the plugin which does that redirection, there is a setting where you can select the menu item where you want to be directed for the display of the registration form.
1. All the frontend CSS of HikaShop can be found in the frontend CSS file of HikaShop that you can edit in the HikaShop configuration as explained here:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
Then, the CSS of your Joomla template might also apply in some cases.
2. In the plugin which does that redirection, there is a setting where you can select the menu item where you want to be directed for the display of the registration form.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds