- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 1
Integration with ReCaptcha not working
11 years 3 weeks ago #213547
by ruchika
Integration with ReCaptcha not working was created by ruchika
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.2.0
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.11
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
Hi,
I have installed "Integration with ReCaptcha Plugin" to prevent spam users on registration. But still spam users are registering .
I think this is not working efficiently . Also, I did a malware test online and my site came clean. Confused!
Kindly, help
Thanks in advance
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.11
-- PHP version -- : 5.3
Hi,
I have installed "Integration with ReCaptcha Plugin" to prevent spam users on registration. But still spam users are registering .
I think this is not working efficiently . Also, I did a malware test online and my site came clean. Confused!
Kindly, help
Thanks in advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 2 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #213573
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Integration with ReCaptcha not working
Hello,
For example, on our own website, we have ReCaptcha and an email validation, and we still get every week spam posts on our forum that we have to clean.
There is no 100% solution to prevent any spam. It's the same with gmail. Even though they have an amazing system to catch spam emails, there are still spam emails reaching my gmail mailbox and sometimes real emails getting flagged as spam.
There is not much you can do besides trying a different captcha system. For example, this extension is a Captcha extension and supports HikaShop: extensions.joomla.org/extension/keycaptcha
Having a Captcha on your website doesn't mean that you won't get spam users registered. It just mean that you'll have less of them.I have installed "Integration with ReCaptcha Plugin" to prevent spam users on registration. But still spam users are registering .
I think this is not working efficiently
For example, on our own website, we have ReCaptcha and an email validation, and we still get every week spam posts on our forum that we have to clean.
There is no 100% solution to prevent any spam. It's the same with gmail. Even though they have an amazing system to catch spam emails, there are still spam emails reaching my gmail mailbox and sometimes real emails getting flagged as spam.
There is not much you can do besides trying a different captcha system. For example, this extension is a Captcha extension and supports HikaShop: extensions.joomla.org/extension/keycaptcha
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by nicolas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruchika
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds