- Posts: 99
- Thank you received: 0
SMTP connect() failed. with Acymailing
- ChristopheMG
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
9 years 1 month ago #275081
by ChristopheMG
SMTP connect() failed. with Acymailing was created by ChristopheMG
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : CHROME 59.0.3071.115
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : SMTP connect() failed. github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting
Hello,
I'm currently in touch with the Acyba team, they think the problem could be the HikaShop plugin... AcyMailing : HikaShop integration ?
when the "Override Joomla mailing system" plugin is enabled and when I want to register a new user,
I got this error on the top of the Activation message popup and no email : SMTP connect() failed. github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting
When unabled, it's working, no extra message in the Activation popup and I receive the HTML email from the hikashop system.
It's happening on the register form: bchef2me.com/component/hikashop/user/form
acymailing on his own is working too (Send a test OK).
Could you please help me?
Best regards,
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.4
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : CHROME 59.0.3071.115
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : SMTP connect() failed. github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting
Hello,
I'm currently in touch with the Acyba team, they think the problem could be the HikaShop plugin... AcyMailing : HikaShop integration ?
when the "Override Joomla mailing system" plugin is enabled and when I want to register a new user,
I got this error on the top of the Activation message popup and no email : SMTP connect() failed. github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting
When unabled, it's working, no extra message in the Activation popup and I receive the HTML email from the hikashop system.
It's happening on the register form: bchef2me.com/component/hikashop/user/form
acymailing on his own is working too (Send a test OK).
Could you please help me?
Best regards,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 1 month ago #275101
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic SMTP connect() failed. with Acymailing
Hello,
It's no related to HikaShop at all.
By activating the plugin you ensure that Acymailing is used during HikaShop triggers.
Like "onAfterUserCreate" trigger which will load Acymailing core.
But HikaShop do not send emails ; it uses the Joomla core for the emails but Acymailing can override Joomla mail.
That override is only related to Acymailing and there is nothing (nothing at all) in HikaShop to configure "smtp" because HikaShop do not handle emails at all !
So I'm really sorry for the Acyba team but we have nothing to do for their issue.
They have to handle it.
Regards,
It's no related to HikaShop at all.
By activating the plugin you ensure that Acymailing is used during HikaShop triggers.
Like "onAfterUserCreate" trigger which will load Acymailing core.
But HikaShop do not send emails ; it uses the Joomla core for the emails but Acymailing can override Joomla mail.
That override is only related to Acymailing and there is nothing (nothing at all) in HikaShop to configure "smtp" because HikaShop do not handle emails at all !
So I'm really sorry for the Acyba team but we have nothing to do for their issue.
They have to handle it.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopheMG
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds