- Posts: 92
- Thank you received: 3
share product on Facebook doesn't show right image and description
- ezomerdijk
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #277528
by ezomerdijk
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.crux.nl/index.php?option=com_hikasho...r-marokko&Itemid=488
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5
I've tried a lot of things, but I cannot get Facebook to show the right product image and description when I try sharing a product.
On the open graph check website, it all looks good. But Facebook just doesn't pick that up.... Is there something I forgot?
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5
I've tried a lot of things, but I cannot get Facebook to show the right product image and description when I try sharing a product.
On the open graph check website, it all looks good. But Facebook just doesn't pick that up.... Is there something I forgot?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 3 weeks ago #277537
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic share product on Facebook doesn't show right image and description
Hi,
The open graph data in the header indeed looks good.
Maybe it's linked to the facebook module you have on the right of the page which messes with the facebook share button ?
What if you deactivate it ?
The open graph data in the header indeed looks good.
Maybe it's linked to the facebook module you have on the right of the page which messes with the facebook share button ?
What if you deactivate it ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ezomerdijk
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 92
- Thank you received: 3
9 years 3 weeks ago #277611
by ezomerdijk
Replied by ezomerdijk on topic share product on Facebook doesn't show right image and description
I tried deactivating the module (still is deactivated), but that doesn't help.
I don't get it, if the open graph data is good, than it should be good on Facebook, right?
I don't get it, if the open graph data is good, than it should be good on Facebook, right?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
9 years 3 weeks ago #277613
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic share product on Facebook doesn't show right image and description
That's right.
If the opengraph data is good, then it should work.
Maybe Facebook has some cache of your opengraph data ?
Try the recommended things on:
docs.mashshare.net/article/10-facebook-i...-image-or-share-text
If the opengraph data is good, then it should work.
Maybe Facebook has some cache of your opengraph data ?
Try the recommended things on:
docs.mashshare.net/article/10-facebook-i...-image-or-share-text
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ezomerdijk
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 92
- Thank you received: 3
8 years 11 months ago #281308
by ezomerdijk
Replied by ezomerdijk on topic share product on Facebook doesn't show right image and description
I am sorry, I see that I didn't get back to this issue. After having Facebook scrape it again, it worked ok.
But now I am trying to put a link to a hikashop category page (product listing) on Facebook. But that page doesn't seem to have any open graph tags at all. Is that right?
This is the link: www.crux.nl/index.php?option=com_hikasho...t=listing&Itemid=614
But now I am trying to put a link to a hikashop category page (product listing) on Facebook. But that page doesn't seem to have any open graph tags at all. Is that right?
This is the link: www.crux.nl/index.php?option=com_hikasho...t=listing&Itemid=614
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 11 months ago #281313
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic share product on Facebook doesn't show right image and description
Hello,
A product listing do not have open graph.
If you really want to display a category page, you need a category listing with a "cid" to indicate which category is targeted.
But just with a product listing, you do not have "really" a category.
Regards,
A product listing do not have open graph.
If you really want to display a category page, you need a category listing with a "cid" to indicate which category is targeted.
But just with a product listing, you do not have "really" a category.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds