- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
Display of product on social media > image won't show
- kapergerlings
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
8 years 6 months ago #288854
by kapergerlings
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
kapergerlings.nl/aanbod/product/van-kiek...st-cursus-3-colleges
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5
Hi,
When I share my product(s) via social media, the main image won't come along. I check the forum and all plugins are on:
- Social meta tags (system and user)
- Hikashop Social Networks plugin (only no buttons are showing deliberately, I checked them all out)
But still no image.
Then I change the file name of the image to something short, that didn't work either.
When I use the card validator of Twitter, I get the message that the image meta tag is found, but no image visible though. And the image is missing for Facebook and LinkedIN as well. When I use a direct link to my blog items, the image will show. So, where is the missing link?
I hope one of you can help me out.
Best wishes,
job
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5
Hi,
When I share my product(s) via social media, the main image won't come along. I check the forum and all plugins are on:
- Social meta tags (system and user)
- Hikashop Social Networks plugin (only no buttons are showing deliberately, I checked them all out)
But still no image.
Then I change the file name of the image to something short, that didn't work either.
When I use the card validator of Twitter, I get the message that the image meta tag is found, but no image visible though. And the image is missing for Facebook and LinkedIN as well. When I use a direct link to my blog items, the image will show. So, where is the missing link?
I hope one of you can help me out.
Best wishes,
job
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 6 months ago #288863
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Display of product on social media > image won't show
Hi,
As far as I can see the og meta tags added to the page are not added by HikaShop:
monosnap.com/file/E4HC2P5Tl0nVXDC18exSN69oGemIkf
I suppose that even if you disable the HikaShop Social networks plugin, you'll still have them.
And in HikaShop, that's the only thing which can add og meta tags to the page.
Which means that these meta tags, with the wrong image link are added by something else to the page and thus we don't know why the URL is wrong for the image in it.
As far as I can see the og meta tags added to the page are not added by HikaShop:
monosnap.com/file/E4HC2P5Tl0nVXDC18exSN69oGemIkf
I suppose that even if you disable the HikaShop Social networks plugin, you'll still have them.
And in HikaShop, that's the only thing which can add og meta tags to the page.
Which means that these meta tags, with the wrong image link are added by something else to the page and thus we don't know why the URL is wrong for the image in it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kapergerlings
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 6 months ago #288926
by kapergerlings
Replied by kapergerlings on topic Display of product on social media > image won't show
Hi Nicolas,
Thank you for your reply. I found the social meta tags that you saw. But still, when I unpublish these and publish the hikashop social plugin, the product image doesn't come along into the Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIN page. When I have a image in the description field, then it will show that one, but not the main product image.
My question is there still there: how can I make the main product image shown in social media networks?
Best wishes,
Job
Thank you for your reply. I found the social meta tags that you saw. But still, when I unpublish these and publish the hikashop social plugin, the product image doesn't come along into the Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIN page. When I have a image in the description field, then it will show that one, but not the main product image.
My question is there still there: how can I make the main product image shown in social media networks?
Best wishes,
Job
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
8 years 6 months ago #288950
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Display of product on social media > image won't show
Hi,
If you unpublish these and publish the hikashop social networks plugin, do you have the og meta tags in the header of the page ?
If you don't, it means that you didn't activate the option of the plugin to add them.
So please check that.
And please check that when you unpublish the plugin which add the og tags on the header and don't publish the HikaShop social networks plugin, they are really removed from the header.
If you unpublish these and publish the hikashop social networks plugin, do you have the og meta tags in the header of the page ?
If you don't, it means that you didn't activate the option of the plugin to add them.
So please check that.
And please check that when you unpublish the plugin which add the og tags on the header and don't publish the HikaShop social networks plugin, they are really removed from the header.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kapergerlings
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 6 months ago #288955
by kapergerlings
Replied by kapergerlings on topic Display of product on social media > image won't show
Hi,
You're right. Disabled all plugins with social meta tags and only published hikashop plugin. The tags are shown in the header area and Facebook and Twitter take the right image in the layout.
Only issue now is, that the blog items of Joomla won't give an image. Well, something else to find a solution for. But this is more important for now then the blog items. Thanks for your help.
Best wishes,
Job
You're right. Disabled all plugins with social meta tags and only published hikashop plugin. The tags are shown in the header area and Facebook and Twitter take the right image in the layout.
Only issue now is, that the blog items of Joomla won't give an image. Well, something else to find a solution for. But this is more important for now then the blog items. Thanks for your help.
Best wishes,
Job
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds