- Posts: 66
- Thank you received: 1
Hikashop Google Products Plugin XML with problems
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #336979
by yanliom
Hikashop Google Products Plugin XML with problems was created by yanliom
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
www.havellasmotoparts.gr/products/products_list.xml
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.3
Hello,
in my Greek eshop the XML produced by the Hikashop Google Products Plugin XML shows problems.
As a result Facebook catalogue cannot be filled using the XML feed.
I have used again in the past the XML feed for Hikashop+FB (in English) and it worked fine.
Is it possible that non-latin characters are the cause of the problem?
I checked the product descriptions that show in the error (using code mirror editor) but I found no weird characters.
I attach you the following files:
a) The XML file
b) The FF and Chrome screenshots
Thank you,
Yannis
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.3
Hello,
in my Greek eshop the XML produced by the Hikashop Google Products Plugin XML shows problems.
As a result Facebook catalogue cannot be filled using the XML feed.
I have used again in the past the XML feed for Hikashop+FB (in English) and it worked fine.
Is it possible that non-latin characters are the cause of the problem?
I checked the product descriptions that show in the error (using code mirror editor) but I found no weird characters.
I attach you the following files:
a) The XML file
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
Please log in or register to see it.
b) The FF and Chrome screenshots
Thank you,
Yannis
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by yanliom.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 10 months ago #336980
by yanliom
Replied by yanliom on topic Hikashop Google Products Plugin XML with problems
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 10 months ago #336983
by yanliom
Replied by yanliom on topic Hikashop Google Products Plugin XML with problems
Ok, it seems I found the bug in the code.
In the code you are using the substr php function which counts bytes and may cut characters in half....
I replaced it with mb_substr and everything works ok now
Please see: stackoverflow.com/questions/2124338/why-...-when-cutting-a-text
I'm waiting for an official bug-fix!
Yannis
In the code you are using the substr php function which counts bytes and may cut characters in half....
I replaced it with mb_substr and everything works ok now
Please see: stackoverflow.com/questions/2124338/why-...-when-cutting-a-text
I'm waiting for an official bug-fix!
Yannis
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
4 years 10 months ago #336987
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Hikashop Google Products Plugin XML with problems
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback.
I've added a patch on our end to avoid that for multibyte characters.
Download again the install package of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours and it will add the modifications to avoid that problem.
Thank you for your feedback.
I've added a patch on our end to avoid that for multibyte characters.
Download again the install package of HikaShop on our website and install it on yours and it will add the modifications to avoid that problem.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds