- Posts: 61
- Thank you received: 0
Limit Category List Module to specific categories
13 years 4 weeks ago #121409
by anlicor
Limit Category List Module to specific categories was created by anlicor
I have 2 category list menu's one for Men and Women.
I have a Joomla menu called /men that links to a category.
I also have a Joomla menu called /women that links to a category.
How do I get the men's category list to only show up on the /men page and sub categories
and the women category list to only show up on the woman page and its sub categories?
www.drenolsurf.com/men
www.drenolsurf.com/women
I have a Joomla menu called /men that links to a category.
I also have a Joomla menu called /women that links to a category.
How do I get the men's category list to only show up on the /men page and sub categories
and the women category list to only show up on the woman page and its sub categories?
www.drenolsurf.com/men
www.drenolsurf.com/women
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #121490
by Jerome
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Replied by Jerome on topic Limit Category List Module to specific categories
Hi,
You have to put every "men" product in a special category and same thing for the "women" products.
So, you can select the category to display for your product listing.
Regards,
You have to put every "men" product in a special category and same thing for the "women" products.
So, you can select the category to display for your product listing.
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #121875
by anlicor
Replied by anlicor on topic Limit Category List Module to specific categories
Could you explain a bit more because I am not sure how to start.
What would be helpful would be if for example I knew what to do with the following information.
Categories
Men
|- Sub Cat
|- Sub Cat
Women
|- Sub Cat
|- Sub Cat
Products
A belongs to men
B belongs to men
C belongs to women
D belongs to women
Modules
cat_list_men
cat_list_women
Joomla Menus
/men
/women
On page /men only the module cat_list_men is to appear.
On page /women only the module cat_list_women is to appear.
Right now I am not sure how to organize this to get a functioning result.
What would be helpful would be if for example I knew what to do with the following information.
Categories
Men
|- Sub Cat
|- Sub Cat
Women
|- Sub Cat
|- Sub Cat
Products
A belongs to men
B belongs to men
C belongs to women
D belongs to women
Modules
cat_list_men
cat_list_women
Joomla Menus
/men
/women
On page /men only the module cat_list_men is to appear.
On page /women only the module cat_list_women is to appear.
Right now I am not sure how to organize this to get a functioning result.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #121929
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Limit Category List Module to specific categories
Isn't that already the case on your website ?
I already see the two menus, with the cat_list_men module for the men menu and the cat_list_women module for the women menu.
Am I missing something ?
I already see the two menus, with the cat_list_men module for the men menu and the cat_list_women module for the women menu.
Am I missing something ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #121937
by anlicor
Replied by anlicor on topic Limit Category List Module to specific categories
This is very much a hacked temporary solution. What happened is that I modified the category listing page and inserted a regex to check the url of the page for men or women.
I'm thinking very much that there is a non coding solution to this.
I'm thinking very much that there is a non coding solution to this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 3 weeks ago #121944
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Limit Category List Module to specific categories
There sure is.
You create your two categories listing menu items via the joomla manager and for each, you set their corresponding parent/associated category.
Then, you create your two categories listing modules and you also set their corresponding parent/associated category. On top of that, in the "menu" hikashop option of each module, you select its corresponding menu, and in the "menu assignment" joomla option of each module, you also select its corresponding menu.
That's it.
You create your two categories listing menu items via the joomla manager and for each, you set their corresponding parent/associated category.
Then, you create your two categories listing modules and you also set their corresponding parent/associated category. On top of that, in the "menu" hikashop option of each module, you select its corresponding menu, and in the "menu assignment" joomla option of each module, you also select its corresponding menu.
That's it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds