Enabling Search Engine Friendly URLs causes 404
12 years 5 months ago #151485
by Jeyjoo
Enabling Search Engine Friendly URLs causes 404 was created by Jeyjoo
-- url of the page with the problem -- :
innovazionitecnologiche.it/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox Latest
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None
I have:
- updated all components
- renamed htaccess
- turned Use URL rewriting ON
- Search Engine Friendly URLs OFF
- SH404SEF turned OFF for Hikashop
Problem
If I turn Search Engine Friendly URLs ON, I get 404 error for all Hikashop pages. The rest of my Joomla and k2 site works fine.
Any ideas?
Thanks
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox Latest
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None
I have:
- updated all components
- renamed htaccess
- turned Use URL rewriting ON
- Search Engine Friendly URLs OFF
- SH404SEF turned OFF for Hikashop
Problem
If I turn Search Engine Friendly URLs ON, I get 404 error for all Hikashop pages. The rest of my Joomla and k2 site works fine.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151504
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Enabling Search Engine Friendly URLs causes 404
Hi,
I see two potential issues:
1. In your modules that you can edit via the menu Display>Content modules, you should set the "menu" option to a hikashop category listing menu item. Otherwise, the SEF system is not always able to generate the correct SEF URLs and it can generate such 404 errors.
2. I don't think that you want to turn off sh404sef for hikashop but rather that you want to configure it to use the standard joomla router file.
I see two potential issues:
1. In your modules that you can edit via the menu Display>Content modules, you should set the "menu" option to a hikashop category listing menu item. Otherwise, the SEF system is not always able to generate the correct SEF URLs and it can generate such 404 errors.
2. I don't think that you want to turn off sh404sef for hikashop but rather that you want to configure it to use the standard joomla router file.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151636
by Jeyjoo
Replied by Jeyjoo on topic Enabling Search Engine Friendly URLs causes 404
Excellent thanks. Can I ask if Hikashop supports schema.org / rich snippets? It would be great to have schema for ratings, comments and images built in to product pages.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 5 months ago #151651
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Enabling Search Engine Friendly URLs causes 404
Hi,
Yes we have a schema.org plugin, you can enable it in the Joomla plugins manager it's name is "HikaShop Microdata on Product Page plugin".
Yes we have a schema.org plugin, you can enable it in the Joomla plugins manager it's name is "HikaShop Microdata on Product Page plugin".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeyjoo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds