- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
HikaShop Pagination issue
12 years 2 months ago #165235
by galt
HikaShop Pagination issue was created by galt
Hi.
I have a question to HikaShop developers concerning page navigation issues.
I'll begin with a demonstration as it's very clear and makes other words unnecessary. This HS installation uses Cherry Picker filters to filter products by parameters.
So, open this page:
dormac.gewoon-webdesign.nl/producten/product-catalogus
Go to the page #4 and then select any filter from the left column.
You should see a page with no products displayed.
I think you know why it happens: the page number in HS is stored as a session and not passed via URL. So after applying the filter there are only 2 pages of products, but HS still tries to display products beginning from page #4 thus effectively missing the data.
It would be good if HS tolerated any URL parameters allowing other extensions (or any other code) to set pagination to beginning.
Or, maybe you can provide any insight on how third party code can re-set the pagination in HikaShop.
Thanks for your attention.
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
I have a question to HikaShop developers concerning page navigation issues.
I'll begin with a demonstration as it's very clear and makes other words unnecessary. This HS installation uses Cherry Picker filters to filter products by parameters.
So, open this page:
dormac.gewoon-webdesign.nl/producten/product-catalogus
Go to the page #4 and then select any filter from the left column.
You should see a page with no products displayed.
I think you know why it happens: the page number in HS is stored as a session and not passed via URL. So after applying the filter there are only 2 pages of products, but HS still tries to display products beginning from page #4 thus effectively missing the data.
It would be good if HS tolerated any URL parameters allowing other extensions (or any other code) to set pagination to beginning.
Or, maybe you can provide any insight on how third party code can re-set the pagination in HikaShop.
Thanks for your attention.
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #165247
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic HikaShop Pagination issue
Hi,
Here is the solution to change the pagination settings:
hikashop.com/forum/2-general-talk-about-...ts-shown.html#126533
In your case, the following code should be more adapted:
Here is the solution to change the pagination settings:
hikashop.com/forum/2-general-talk-about-...ts-shown.html#126533
In your case, the following code should be more adapted:
Code:
<?php
$suffix = $this->pagination->hikaSuffix;
$this->pagination = hikashop_get('helper.pagination', $this->pageInfo->elements->total, 0, $this->pageInfo->limit->value);
$this->pagination->hikaSuffix = $suffix;
?>
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 months ago #165641
by galt
Replied by galt on topic HikaShop Pagination issue
Hi Xavier. Thanks for your reply.
So basically you're suggesting to edit HS files. This is not the solution I'm looking for as this is a rather common issue and _every_ HS user will need to do edits to make things work in this situation.
And I want to avoid it. Extensions should communicate to resolve the issue without requiring any manual edits.
Ideally, if HS started to tolerate any pagination parameter, whatever it be: "start", "limitstart", "page".. etc.
Is this something that we can hope for?
So basically you're suggesting to edit HS files. This is not the solution I'm looking for as this is a rather common issue and _every_ HS user will need to do edits to make things work in this situation.
And I want to avoid it. Extensions should communicate to resolve the issue without requiring any manual edits.
Ideally, if HS started to tolerate any pagination parameter, whatever it be: "start", "limitstart", "page".. etc.
Is this something that we can hope for?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 1 month ago #165647
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic HikaShop Pagination issue
Hi,
So I guess that the extension should have such kind of code to reset the pagination.
We will see how we can improve that.
So I guess that the extension should have such kind of code to reset the pagination.
We will see how we can improve that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds