- Posts: 45
- Thank you received: 0
Multiple jQuery versions in my website
- paulvanharen
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #170906
by paulvanharen
Multiple jQuery versions in my website was created by paulvanharen
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3
Dear Nicolas et al,
Reading the HTML source of my website, I found that multiple versions of jQuery are loaded by various components and modules. I hope that for Joomla 3.x sites, this is no longer necessary. For my template I already replaced the call to include some local version of jQuery by the more generic
I was about to do the same thing in hikashop helper, but then I learned (the hard way) that the hikashop version uses a hkjQuery object in several subsequent scripts.
Would you have any thoughts on replacing the hikashop hkjQuery by the bootstrap framework?
Thanks and regards, Paul
-- Joomla version -- : 3
Dear Nicolas et al,
Reading the HTML source of my website, I found that multiple versions of jQuery are loaded by various components and modules. I hope that for Joomla 3.x sites, this is no longer necessary. For my template I already replaced the call to include some local version of jQuery by the more generic
Code:
JHtml::_('bootstrap.framework');
Would you have any thoughts on replacing the hikashop hkjQuery by the bootstrap framework?
Thanks and regards, Paul
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by paulvanharen.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
12 years 2 weeks ago #170911
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Multiple jQuery versions in my website
Hi,
HikaShop uses the jQuery of Joomla.
hkjQuery is just a copy of the jQuery object of Joomla.
So there is nothing to replace.
We do that in order to avoid other extensions breaking our javascript because they replace the jQuery object of Joomla with their own jQuery, not compatible with the version of jQuery of Joomla.
To straigthen the jQuery use on your website, I would recommend to use the extension jQuery Easy :
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...jquery-scripts/18327
HikaShop uses the jQuery of Joomla.
hkjQuery is just a copy of the jQuery object of Joomla.
So there is nothing to replace.
We do that in order to avoid other extensions breaking our javascript because they replace the jQuery object of Joomla with their own jQuery, not compatible with the version of jQuery of Joomla.
To straigthen the jQuery use on your website, I would recommend to use the extension jQuery Easy :
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-en...jquery-scripts/18327
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds