- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 0
Hide Custom Field on Checkout Based on Variants
11 years 10 months ago #178916
by ctcpfi
Hide Custom Field on Checkout Based on Variants was created by ctcpfi
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.32
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 33.0.3
I'm trying to set up a way to offer furniture in a variety of fabrics (80+). I've made it to the point where I have custom item fields show/hide based on variant selection on the product. The only thing i can't get working is I need to hide the extra values from the custom item fields on the checkout page so that it only shows the correct fields as opposed to all fields. Ive tried to do this by hiding the class based on the text appended to the item name from the variant. But haven't had any luck on the actual site. Any guidance on this would be much appreciated.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.32
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 33.0.3
I'm trying to set up a way to offer furniture in a variety of fabrics (80+). I've made it to the point where I have custom item fields show/hide based on variant selection on the product. The only thing i can't get working is I need to hide the extra values from the custom item fields on the checkout page so that it only shows the correct fields as opposed to all fields. Ive tried to do this by hiding the class based on the text appended to the item name from the variant. But haven't had any luck on the actual site. Any guidance on this would be much appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #178941
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Hide Custom Field on Checkout Based on Variants
Hi,
Please give us a screenshot of what you want exactly and a direct link to a product page with the variant selection and the custom fields.
Please give us a screenshot of what you want exactly and a direct link to a product page with the variant selection and the custom fields.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #179253
by ctcpfi
Replied by ctcpfi on topic Hide Custom Field on Checkout Based on Variants
Product page with variants and custom fields:
www.dev.ctcpfi.com/Browse-Products/item/4239-8700.html
Checkout Page that I'm trying to edit.
www.dev.ctcpfi.com/Account/checkout/step/step-0.html
I attached 2 screenshots, one named bad which I highlighted the problems with red, and one named good which shows how I would like things to look.
The site requires an account to create orders so i made a temp account for you:
username:hika
password:hika
Thanks
www.dev.ctcpfi.com/Browse-Products/item/4239-8700.html
Checkout Page that I'm trying to edit.
www.dev.ctcpfi.com/Account/checkout/step/step-0.html
I attached 2 screenshots, one named bad which I highlighted the problems with red, and one named good which shows how I would like things to look.
The site requires an account to create orders so i made a temp account for you:
username:hika
password:hika
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #179439
by Xavier
Replied by Xavier on topic Hide Custom Field on Checkout Based on Variants
Hi,
In your case the best solution is to use the options and not the custom fields.
Thanks to the options, you can restrict them to a desired product.
So you have to create two characteristics, one named "Running fabric" and the other one "Microfiber fabric".
Add the desired values to each characteristic.
Then create two option products, the first one "Running fabric" and select the "Running fabric" characteristic, do the same thing with the microfiber one.
And finally add to your main product the option "Running fabric" if it's a running fabric, etc.
Here is doc for characteristics: www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#characteristics
And here doc for options: www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ct-form.html#options
In your case the best solution is to use the options and not the custom fields.
Thanks to the options, you can restrict them to a desired product.
So you have to create two characteristics, one named "Running fabric" and the other one "Microfiber fabric".
Add the desired values to each characteristic.
Then create two option products, the first one "Running fabric" and select the "Running fabric" characteristic, do the same thing with the microfiber one.
And finally add to your main product the option "Running fabric" if it's a running fabric, etc.
Here is doc for characteristics: www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...html#characteristics
And here doc for options: www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ct-form.html#options
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds