- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 0
Using two templates
- naranjacuatro
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
11 years 9 months ago #184168
by naranjacuatro
Using two templates was created by naranjacuatro
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.4
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
Considering in my website I have a Template1 and that template is not good for shops,
I'm wondering if it would be possible to set the shop with the files from Template2 (without changing the main aspect of the web), I mean... banners, footer, modules... would keep as template1 but the checkout, products... etc... as template2.
Is that possible?
Thanks for your attention, best regards
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
Considering in my website I have a Template1 and that template is not good for shops,
I'm wondering if it would be possible to set the shop with the files from Template2 (without changing the main aspect of the web), I mean... banners, footer, modules... would keep as template1 but the checkout, products... etc... as template2.
Is that possible?
Thanks for your attention, best regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 9 months ago #184177
by lousyfool
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Replied by lousyfool on topic Using two templates
Technically it is possible, yes. It's standard Joomla procedure:
Once your (main) menu structure is set, you can assign certain menu items to certain templates: -> Template Manager -> click the template you want -> Menus assignment tab.
Even modules can appear in multiple templates: -> Module Manager -> select module you want -> Duplicate -> open duplicate and publish to a module position of another template.
I can't help but wondering if that's the way you really want to go, because you might end up with a different "look & feel" for different menu items (shop vs. the rest), worst case irritating potential customers, possibly leading to fewer conversions... and to avoid this by trying to create the very same look & feel might take you lots of time and work... which might be better invested elsewhere, e.g. using one template for all and adjusting either the shop to be usable with "template 1", or the other content to fit template 2.
But then I guess you've had your reasons for your considerations...
Once your (main) menu structure is set, you can assign certain menu items to certain templates: -> Template Manager -> click the template you want -> Menus assignment tab.
Even modules can appear in multiple templates: -> Module Manager -> select module you want -> Duplicate -> open duplicate and publish to a module position of another template.
I can't help but wondering if that's the way you really want to go, because you might end up with a different "look & feel" for different menu items (shop vs. the rest), worst case irritating potential customers, possibly leading to fewer conversions... and to avoid this by trying to create the very same look & feel might take you lots of time and work... which might be better invested elsewhere, e.g. using one template for all and adjusting either the shop to be usable with "template 1", or the other content to fit template 2.
But then I guess you've had your reasons for your considerations...
Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: naranjacuatro
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- naranjacuatro
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 21
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #184179
by naranjacuatro
Replied by naranjacuatro on topic Using two templates
great! thanks a lot for your help 
The reason is simple: I have a web that works with customers, so I don´t want to change the main template, but... this template has an awful checkout u-_- so for that reason I need to mix them
thanks again
The reason is simple: I have a web that works with customers, so I don´t want to change the main template, but... this template has an awful checkout u-_- so for that reason I need to mix them
thanks again
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds