- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 20
Custom shipping plugin output on checkout
10 years 3 months ago #243321
by dyvel
Custom shipping plugin output on checkout was created by dyvel
Hi
I trying to get my head around how HikaShop works in relation to shipping. I'm trying to develop my own custom shipping method for a client of mine how is a HikaShop business user.
I'd like to display some extra dynamic information where the shipping method is displayed (parcel shops near users address). The user would select a parcel shop and the selection would be stored in a custom field. At least thats the idea.
I've looked at the documentation, and it seems I should use onShippingDisplay, but I can't quite figure it out.
Can you give any pointers as how to get around this challenge?
Thanks
I trying to get my head around how HikaShop works in relation to shipping. I'm trying to develop my own custom shipping method for a client of mine how is a HikaShop business user.
I'd like to display some extra dynamic information where the shipping method is displayed (parcel shops near users address). The user would select a parcel shop and the selection would be stored in a custom field. At least thats the idea.
I've looked at the documentation, and it seems I should use onShippingDisplay, but I can't quite figure it out.
Can you give any pointers as how to get around this challenge?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago #243336
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Custom shipping plugin output on checkout
Hi,
The shipping system doesn't have the support for shipping methods adding their own HTML to the shipping view.
What can be done is to have the shipping method add its own view to the checkout workflow.
You can see an example of that with the envoimoinscher shipping plugin which uses the checkout API in order to do that:
github.com/HikaShop/hikashop-envoimoinscher
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...tation.html#checkout
The shipping system doesn't have the support for shipping methods adding their own HTML to the shipping view.
What can be done is to have the shipping method add its own view to the checkout workflow.
You can see an example of that with the envoimoinscher shipping plugin which uses the checkout API in order to do that:
github.com/HikaShop/hikashop-envoimoinscher
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...tation.html#checkout
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #243718
by dyvel
Replied by dyvel on topic Custom shipping plugin output on checkout
Thank you for the pointers.
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by dyvel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds