- Posts: 252
- Thank you received: 1
How to put data into custom fields
10 years 2 weeks ago #249432
by twscott
How to put data into custom fields was created by twscott
-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business 2.6.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.12
Hi,
We created a custom field for product which need to be showed in front end product list and product detail page.
The problem is the data comes from another table in my system, do I need to do a table join? or if I need to do this in my plugin, would you give me a direction?
Thanks in advance
Best regards
-- Joomla version -- : 3.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.5.12
Hi,
We created a custom field for product which need to be showed in front end product list and product detail page.
The problem is the data comes from another table in my system, do I need to do a table join? or if I need to do this in my plugin, would you give me a direction?
Thanks in advance
Best regards
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 weeks ago #249439
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to put data into custom fields
Hi,
I'm not following you.
How did you create a custom field that isn't in the hikashop_product table ?
Or maybe you mean that it's not an actual "hikashop custom product field", but an input that you added to the products and which is saved somewhere else, not related to the custom fields system of HikaShop ?
In any case, if you want to load data from another table for each products on a listing, the simplest is to have a query for each product in your view file override (listing_img_title by default) basing yourself on $this->row->product_id
You sure could add a join on the products loading query, but it's more complex than just overriding the view file and adding a query there.
I'm not following you.
How did you create a custom field that isn't in the hikashop_product table ?
Or maybe you mean that it's not an actual "hikashop custom product field", but an input that you added to the products and which is saved somewhere else, not related to the custom fields system of HikaShop ?
In any case, if you want to load data from another table for each products on a listing, the simplest is to have a query for each product in your view file override (listing_img_title by default) basing yourself on $this->row->product_id
You sure could add a join on the products loading query, but it's more complex than just overriding the view file and adding a query there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: twscott
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 weeks ago #249472
by twscott
Replied by twscott on topic How to put data into custom fields
Got it, thank you very much, Nicolas.
I have another question that If I fill in the data in listing_img_title, will the product objects be reused in the session? I mean in the product detail page and checkout process, do I need to query DB table again for the value or the object will pass down until user make another product list query ?
Best Regards
Scott
I have another question that If I fill in the data in listing_img_title, will the product objects be reused in the session? I mean in the product detail page and checkout process, do I need to query DB table again for the value or the object will pass down until user make another product list query ?
Best Regards
Scott
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
10 years 2 weeks ago #249474
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic How to put data into custom fields
The product data is not stored in the session.
You would have to query the DB everywhere where you want to use it.
You would have to query the DB everywhere where you want to use it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: twscott
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds