Skip to main content

Add new description field to profucts

More
8 years 11 months ago #280010 by p30yaran
Hello
how are you?
Thank you for helping me fix the problem
I searched the question. I did not found the answer
How can I add a description field in the add product section and view field on the front-end?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #280032 by Jerome
Hello,

Like a product custom field (required commercial edition of HikaShop).
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...shop-field-form.html

demo.hikashop.com/index.php/en/hikashop/.../with-specifications

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: p30yaran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #280049 by p30yaran
hello
how are you today?
thank you for answering me
I have done custom field ( Hikashop >> Display >> Custom Field )
I need separate custom fields in separate display locations
for this reason
I need to add a new description field
tempcenter.net/hika.png
How can I add a description field in the add product section and view field on the front-end?
please help me to resolved problem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #280065 by nicolas
Hi,

As Jerome said, you can create a custom field of the table "product" and of the type "WYSIWYG". That will give you an extra editor on the product edition page (near the bottom) so that you can add text separated from the product description.
The following user(s) said Thank You: p30yaran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #280207 by p30yaran
Hello
thank you
But I do not want to add a custom field of description type (WYSIWYG)
I know how to create a custom field
But
I'm going to create a description field manually in the store management section and display it on the site's store
As in the image below, the description field is in the Product Management section
tempcenter.net/hika.png

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #280241 by Philip
Hello,

I'm not sure to follow you, because on my side when I set, as Nicolas and Jerome said a product field "WYSIWYG", of course backend product but on the frontend too.



So, if you are unable to display your custom field on the frontend, can you provide a Custom field config screenshot.
Regards
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Philip.
The following user(s) said Thank You: p30yaran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #280324 by p30yaran
hello
please consider that don't want to have the new description below the specification it should be in a separate part

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #280327 by Philip
Hello,

And why not don't used custom Css in order to separate (with border) it or even move new description field ?
Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: p30yaran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #280471 by p30yaran
Hello
Please advise on this
How can I add a description field in the add product section and view field on the front-end?
please consider that don't want to have the new description below the specification it should be in a separate part
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #280496 by Jerome
Hello,

Can you please provide a picture of what you want to do ?
Because I'm afraid that, nobody is understanding you for the moment (and I got the feeling that you don't understand our propositions either).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: p30yaran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #280539 by p30yaran

Jerome wrote: Hello,

Can you please provide a picture of what you want to do ?
Because I'm afraid that, nobody is understanding you for the moment (and I got the feeling that you don't understand our propositions either).

Regards,


hi
thank you

Please see the image - attachment file
Special Description Section Add to Product Detail (How can I add a description field in the add product section and view field on the front-end?)

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #280541 by nicolas
Hi,

Then you should definitely create a custom product field. However, instead of activating its display setting for the product page in its settings, you should edit the file "show_default" via the menu Display>Views and add such code where you want to position it:
<?php echo $this->element->XXX; ?>
where XXX is the column name of your custom field.
That way, you'll be able to display it on the left of your image separately from the specification custom fields zone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: p30yaran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #280774 by p30yaran
hello
thank you so much
How can I see a list of important functions that I use?
for example : <?php echo $this->element->XXX; ?>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #280782 by nicolas
Hi,

What list of functions are you talking about ?
If you're talking about some kind of developer documentation, you can find it here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...r-documentation.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: p30yaran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum