- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 20
Prevent product from being displayed in categories it's not published in
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #301380
by dyvel
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.1
Hi
Hikashop allow a product to be displayed in all categories, even if the product is not published in more than one category.
I would like to prevent this, so I'm looking to modify the product/show_default.php file.
I can get an array of the categories, the product belong to with this code:
My problem is finding the category that I'm currently "in". The best way I could come up with, is access the active menu items hikashop parameters, like this:
Can you see a better way to solve this ??
Thanks
Hi
Hikashop allow a product to be displayed in all categories, even if the product is not published in more than one category.
I would like to prevent this, so I'm looking to modify the product/show_default.php file.
I can get an array of the categories, the product belong to with this code:
Code:
$productClass = hikashop_get('class.product');
$categories = $productClass->getCategories($this->element->product_id);
My problem is finding the category that I'm currently "in". The best way I could come up with, is access the active menu items hikashop parameters, like this:
Code:
// Using current menu item to find current hika category params
$app = JFactory::getApplication();
$currentMenuItem = $app->getMenu()->getActive();
$params = $currentMenuItem->params;
$currentCategory = $params->get('hk_category')->category;
// Check if product is published in current hika category
$productClass = hikashop_get('class.product');
// $displayProduct now contains a boolean value we can test with
$displayProduct = array_key_exists($currentCategory, $this->categories);
Can you see a better way to solve this ??
Thanks
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by dyvel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #301382
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Prevent product from being displayed in categories it's not published in
Hi,
Another to do it could be to directly look at the URL and its parameters in $_SERVER
There you'll have the alias of the category somewhere and you should be able to extract it and then load the category id based on that alias with a MySQL query to the hikashop_category table.
But your solution is better as far as I can see.
Another to do it could be to directly look at the URL and its parameters in $_SERVER
There you'll have the alias of the category somewhere and you should be able to extract it and then load the category id based on that alias with a MySQL query to the hikashop_category table.
But your solution is better as far as I can see.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by nicolas.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds