Characteristic fileds hidden if they have no value
13 years 1 month ago #121287
by iedwards
Characteristic fileds hidden if they have no value was created by iedwards
Thank you for your help on an earlier post, here's another problem I am having
I've imported my products from virtuemart and have found that the parent / child product relationship is maintained in that, if I add some characteristics to my parent product and click on "Manage Variants" I can see all my imported child products listed (capture4.jpg).
However if I click on one of the variants to edit it, the characteristics fields aren't displayed. I guess this is because they don't have a value set (see capture5.jpg). Is it possible to display the assigned characteristics so that they can be selected?
Many thanks,
Ian
I've imported my products from virtuemart and have found that the parent / child product relationship is maintained in that, if I add some characteristics to my parent product and click on "Manage Variants" I can see all my imported child products listed (capture4.jpg).
However if I click on one of the variants to edit it, the characteristics fields aren't displayed. I guess this is because they don't have a value set (see capture5.jpg). Is it possible to display the assigned characteristics so that they can be selected?
Many thanks,
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #121289
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Characteristic fileds hidden if they have no value
The characteristics will display as long as you enter values for them. You can do that via the menu Products->Characteristics.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #121290
by iedwards
Replied by iedwards on topic Characteristic fileds hidden if they have no value
I've done that Nicolas, they display for auto generated variants but not for the imported ones. Any other ideas?
Thanks,
Ian
Thanks,
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 month ago #121307
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Characteristic fileds hidden if they have no value
Variants imported should actually not be there since they are not linked to any characteristic. You should delete them and recreate them by adding back the characteristics to the product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
13 years 1 week ago #124531
by iedwards
Replied by iedwards on topic Characteristic fileds hidden if they have no value
Thanks for your reply. Being pig-headed I wasn't going to accept the variants shouldn't be there, so after manually creating characteristics in Hikashop I found that by changing the variant product_type in the 'hikashop_product' table from "main" to "variant" I was able to see and edit the characteristics for the imported child products without having to delete and recreate them.
This is the query I used against the database ...
(ap_ is my Joomla database prefix)
I was also able to generate a .csv file with all the characteristic associations and import that directly to the hikashop_variant table to semi-automate the characteristic associations which saved a lot of time over inputting all the products manually.
Ian
This is the query I used against the database ...
Code:
UPDATE `ap_hikashop_product` SET `product_type` = 'variant' WHERE `product_parent_id` > 0
I was also able to generate a .csv file with all the characteristic associations and import that directly to the hikashop_variant table to semi-automate the characteristic associations which saved a lot of time over inputting all the products manually.
Ian
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds