Skip to main content

How to add multiple level custom fields on product

More
13 years 1 month ago #121630 by onyc
Hi everybody,

I'm new and using Hikashop business. I want to know how to add custom fields for products with multiple levels. For example: I have 3 group of attributes: Size, Color and Length
in Size have S1 and S2
in S1 have color A, B
In S2 have color C, D
In A have length A1, A2
in B have length B1, B2
...
If we don't have choose Size first, we can't choose Color
If we don't have choose Color, we can't choose Length

How can we implement this with Hikashop Business. Thanks so much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #121637 by nicolas
Hi,

You can create custom fields of the table "item".
Once you created the Size custom field, create two color fields one with the values A and B, the other with the values C and D. Then, in each, you can use the "display limited to" option to restrict each to their corresponding value of the Size custom field.
Then, rinse and repeat for the third level of fields etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: onyc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #121878 by onyc
Yes, I added fields and it works. But I want to add different custom fields on each product (perhaps we will need to limit it to categories). And how can I set a price on each custom field's value.

Thanks for your support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #121907 by nicolas
You will need to limit the fields to categories for that indeed.
You can't set prices on custom field values. If you need to change the price of a product based on custom item fields, you need to create a product quantity price override plugin:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...tation.html#override
You can find an example of such plugin here:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_h...ct&task=show&cid=214
The following user(s) said Thank You: onyc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 weeks ago #122364 by onyc
Is there any plugin I can use or buy now? I only need ability to set price on custom fields (they are select boxes) from backend. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #122677 by Eliot
The option Nicolas gave is the most convenient but it require some coding skills.
We don't have such a plugin coded right now because we don't have many demands for it but you can ask on our commercial job forum for someone to do it. It's not so hard to code and our documentation is giving some good points to help you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: onyc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #122809 by ahcopyart
We would like the same :) I think one has been developed before, just waiting on a reply from the user who I think commissioned it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: onyc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #123340 by word
I am having trouble with this too. I have t shirts with one set of colors and tank tops with a different set of colors. It comes up correctly for the tees but the for the tanks no color option even comes up. When I try to limit display to tanks, and hit save, a box pops up on the left side of the screen and asks for columns and rows, input filters, a bunch of stuff. Its really strange.

The first picture is what I get when I select "display limited to:shirt type-womens tank" and hit save. I did the same thing with the t shirts and it worked fine.

What as I missing?

Thanks
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by word.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #123342 by ahcopyart
Hi, I managed to do what I needed with a custom plugin I made after a crash course in php and following examples I googled. Have you tried using the product options and characteristics to do what you need? I would think you could categorise your products in such a way that you could do the limiting through product options and/or characteristics? We are still just learning so hopefully someone more experienced will be able to point you in the right direction. Hikashop support is the best support I have ever come across !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #123347 by word
Thanks. I was originally going to do it with characteristics, but I think it will end up being too many variants. We will have 42 designs with 5 color options each, and 14 different shirts in various sizes. I was also hoping to have drop downs that applied specifically to certain shirts based on inventory, so when selecting options, there aren't a ton of "out of stock". You can only see the options that apply to your previous selection. Does that make any sense?

BUT... the big thing is what is all that appears on the left side of the screen? It doesn't do that when I selected "display limited to- Unisex T". It worked just fine. See the jpg I attached.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #123384 by Eliot
I think you forgot the picture, could you post it again?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #123410 by word
There are 3 attachments 3 posts above this one. Let me know if they aren't showing up.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #123478 by Jerome
Hi,

I think that you have a javascript error in the page, or you customized something.
We have a script which hide all elements when the page is loaded. After that, when an element is selected in the dropdown, the script will show/hide some lines depending the chosen one.
If all lines are visible it means that there was a problem with the initial script.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #123497 by word
Thanks Jerome. I have not done any customizing outside of CSS so I don't think that's it. How can I fix this? The box appears and disappears as I hit save. Can I give you access to look at it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #123810 by Jerome
Hi,

I think that it will be the best. I won't let you make some javascript debug.
The feature is working fine on the demo website and I suppose that you have a problem in your website which broke this custom fields edition page.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum