- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
Can I use my current menu
- karendanaher
-
Topic Author
- Offline
-- HikaShop version -- :HikaShop Starter: 2.2.1
-- Joomla version -- :2.5.14
-- PHP version -- : 3.3.8.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
I'm a newbie and don't really know what I"m doing. I've created the site and have uploaded content (I'm still uploading content so it's not completely finished) I Just don't know how to proceed with hikaShop. If you take a look at my site and go the Maui page you'll see that there is a list of categories on the left with different activities underneath (products). Do I need to create an entire new HIka shop menu or can I use the existing menu that I have.? I'm sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but I'm at a loss as to how to start. I've added in the first few categories in the back end of Hika and added in the first few products but from there I"m stuck on how to make it all work together....any help would be greatly appreciated.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
From what I can see on your website, you created joomla categories and joomla article and these are displayed on your website.
I didn't see any HikaShop category or HikaShop product being displayed on your website.
To display HikaShop categories/products on your frontend, I invite you to follow the tutorial that we have on that here:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...splay-front-end.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- karendanaher
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
There is nothing complex. Simply follow the step by step instructions of the tutorial I gave you and you will directly see your HikaShop categories/products on your frontend. On top of that, there are already pre configured menu items installed by default when you install HikaShop. For example, if you set as default the HikaShop categories listing menu item that you will find in the HikaShopd default menu of your joomla menu manager, you will directly see a listing of your HikaShop categories on the home page of your website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- karendanaher
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- karendanaher
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
www.thehawaiiconcierge.com/joomla2/index.php/maui
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-product-insert.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- karendanaher
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- karendanaher
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- karendanaher
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If I understand, what you need is have a menu which display a product list, and have the add to cart button in this list, right ?
You just have to create a menu type "product listing", and select the category of these products.
In the menu options, you can enable "Display add to cart button", and many other options.
To not link to the product page, there is an option too for that, "Link to the product page".
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- karendanaher
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
You can create a Joomla menu which point to a Joomla article. For this part it is only Joomla related, HikaShop is not involved.
After that, in your Joomla article, thanks to the plugin "insert product tags" that Nicolas gave you ( www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...-product-insert.html ) you can insert an HikaShop product into an article (with the "add to cart" button etc).
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- karendanaher
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.